Whats next on the agenda?

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
For some of us, mostly in the North East the time has come to put the Stangs up for the year if they have not yet (which mine pretty much is) and to start thinking about next years plans w/ the car's. For those of you who are looking forward to next year what do you have planned at this point?

Ive come to the conclusion that if Im going to get the times I want at the track Im going to need a lot better traction then just my MT ET Streets so Im doing some heavy suspension mods for next year so here are my plans for the car next year in order of importance and how I will be doing them.

1. Dyno Tune ( wanted to do it this year, never got to it. Must do right off the bat starting next year)

2. Maximum Motorsports Torque Arm Grip Package. Torque Arm, Extreme duty Lower Control Arms, Panhard bar (switch's from a 4 link to a 3 link suspension)

3. Under Drive Pulleys

4. Autometer gauges

5. Skinny's up front for drag racing.

6. Remove the A/C Components.

If I have the funds Id like to do a K member but its on a wait and see basis. Other then that I need some new rear tires. The tires and all the parts I hope to have bought before the car comes out of winter storage so then I can get a dyno tune done, get all the parts put on and then hit the track for the season. That's the plan for now. Hopefully it all works out.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like fun if you have a heated garage! :nice: I dont have many plans, as I have a lot of other things to pay for, but Im sure I will come up with a few small things to keep me entertained. Good luck with your winter goals.

Glad you got the 351 up and running and good luck getting it tuned...picking up 3-4mph untuned is not bad IMHO...you could probably see a 60-70hp gain after a good tune.

I need to finish wiring my wideband and powering the fuse block I made to power the bottle warmer, line loc, n2o, and elec. guages, Then track down a draw I have on my elec. system. There is like 10min left to finish all this.

Get the wideband fired up and do some WOT tuning...then spray this thing.

I want to get some 03/04 front A arms, energy non offset rack bushings, bullitt struts in front, and some new front tires. I would like to pick up a 70mm FMS/FRPP tbody as well. I am also keeping an eye out for a 31 spline tloc to rebuild and get parts for a stronger rear.

Big item wishlist would be Sparco seats, Tube K or a 6-8pt roll bar (really on the fence with this one...probably try to make a good pass and see were I am first), or have a big chunk for the astro/g-force gearset.

I don't want to take it off the road too long...I would like to take it out on the odd nice winter day/night and cruise out to dinner with the wife. I just got it legal after almost 4yrs of being off the road for the most part sorting out issues.