Whats the cause of the smoke?

• Sponsors (?)

Theres no way to tell without seeing it, especially based on your description. However, it's common for the valve covers to leak fron the rear corners. The oil drips down the block and hits the exhaust. If that is the case, the oil is alwayss burning but you don't see it because your moving. When you slow down the smoke thickens and rises straight up. The hill I don't know about. I have no theory for that.

QDRHRSE said:
Theres no way to tell without seeing it, especially based on your description. However, it's common for the valve covers to leak fron the rear corners. The oil drips down the block and hits the exhaust. If that is the case, the oil is alwayss burning but you don't see it because your moving. When you slow down the smoke thickens and rises straight up. The hill I don't know about. I have no theory for that.

While this is common i dont think its the case here. I would say its prolly valve seals as well. How many miles on the motor...what are the mods? what color smoke?

well the heads are fairly new they are the p heads, with larger valves installed 5 angle valve job, the block has 246, 000 on it, with the only thing done to the bottom is rod and main bearings. Would the pcv systme have anything to do with this?