whats the stock fuel pressure supposed to be at idle and WOT ???

2002BLGT

Dec 18, 2003
Bedford VA
got my friends 5.0 tuned up yesterday , didnt change fuel filter yet , reading 32psi at idle and 40 at WOT , is this right , I think its a little low , will the filter fix it , or does he need a pump . Going to the track friday night to baseline it before we do anymore mods to it .

• Sponsors (?)

2002BLGT said:
got my friends 5.0 tuned up yesterday , didnt change fuel filter yet , reading 32psi at idle and 40 at WOT , is this right , I think its a little low , will the filter fix it , or does he need a pump . Going to the track friday night to baseline it before we do anymore mods to it .

Base pressure is in the mid/high 30's I am thinking 36-38..

The proper way to check the FP is to remove the vac line going to it as it will drop at different rates depending on the amount of vac. the car is pulling...

I think it's fine where it is..

Its not running consistent , got it to spin through third gear once , other times , felt like it ran out of steam in second gear . felt like its starving , does 40 at WOT sound right ?? I didnt check it with vacuum off , have to recheck that tonight .

I go down the track with 42.. 40 is fine unless hi combo requires more fuel...

Only thing I can suggest is to yank the vac off and bump it a couple psi and see if it helps.. When you pull the vac off remember what the FP was so you can return..

Best way would be to tune the car with a wideband o2 and getting the true readings..

perkys stang said:
I go down the track with 42.. 40 is fine unless hi combo requires more fuel...

Only thing I can suggest is to yank the vac off and bump it a couple psi and see if it helps.. When you pull the vac off remember what the FP was so you can return..

Best way would be to tune the car with a wideband o2 and getting the true readings..

dont have an adjustable reg . yet , could the filter or pump going out cause the inconsistency though , and if so which is the most likely problem . if you kick it in first it falls off in second , if you roll in second and hit it , it falls going into third , as if its running out of fuel ??