Whats ur stangs MPG?

96_SVT_VeNoM said:
HOLY *****!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I got back from Iraq and did lots of 4k+ driving...

I'm avg about 220-260 per tank right now. I drove to NM and back a few weeks ago and was rewarded with 340 on a tank.

I usually fill up 13-14 gallons, I see my low fuel light weekly. But I think its off a bit, cause we have 16G tanks right? And I've never put more than a hair over 14 in.
*EDIT* Oh and that 410 oddly enough was with the windows up and the A/C on... but I guess science allready stated that windows down was worse than A/C on as far as the freeway was concerned... I just hate the A/C unless its raining.

• Sponsors (?)

streethorse said:
Seems like the 5 speeds are the people getting the high 20's mpg.
My 04 automatic and my former 99 automatic both hit about 18/19
city and 22/23 highway. Anyone with automatic trans getting better?
I've gotten slightly higher on a roadtrip. Never really paid much attention.

2001 GT auto 79k+ miles
road trip 310.4 miles 70% hwy
70-80mph, with A/C on
24.3mpg

Since I did that I decided to check my old car on a random fill-up.

1966 6cyl auto 260k+ miles
100% in town driving
usually cruise at 50-55mph, windows down
21.6mpg

I get anywhere from mid 12s to low 14s. I do all city driving, no ac, and beat my car every chance I get :).

before when I'd do mostly highway, I'd get 22-24 mpg with no ac cruising at 60.

now that schools back in session, hopefully it climbs back up since Ill be driving a mix of highway and city.

myponyrocks said:
I see my low fuel light weekly. But I think its off a bit,
I hear alot of people saying that.

I've heard it's because the low fuel light comes on when you have 2-3 gallons of gas left in the tank. Which makes sense. It's warning you that you're about to run out of gas.

Kilgore Trout said:
What is this "mileage" thing of which you speak? :scratch: Will it make my car go faster?

Yes, the less mileage you have the faster your car is. If you get great mileage you probly trap @80mph ;) if you get decent limeage you might be trapping around 100, and if you have that ****nitty mileage you might be trapping 130+ :lol:

Got 28 mpg going from Illinois to north carolina round trip about 1200 miles. Ran 80 every chance I could. Trunk full of luggage, cooler full of beer,pop and food in the back seat. Bone stock 02 gt 5-speed. Easily in the 90's the whole way, with the ac on max. Yes, I was rather pleased!