What's worse than installing a heater core?

• Sponsors (?)

What's worse than installing a heater core?.... Try having a dentist shove a needle into the roof of your mouth. I'm also told the test procedure for Spinal Menengitis is no picnic either. Or how about being a 3rd and 4th degree burn victim. Now there's fun.

Heater core, piece of cake.

90lxfoxbody said:
ahhh, worse than installing a heater core? easy. pass 13 kidney stones. <! joy !>

Oh wow. I just had my first a couple of weeks ago. I guess I have about 20 more :(

Anyways, carpet is a pain, especially if you get cheap carpet and none of the moulding lines up right or anything, and you have to cut all your own holes.

Having a 1/2 inch rachet fall off the fender and hit you in the balls.. that was far worse than any heatercore. No only did my balls hurt for a week i hit my head on the underbody of the car when the rachet almost claimed my life... well it seemed like it anyways i didnt have to get stiches though...thank god

Having the sharp end of a tap from a tap and die set fall from the top of the engine compartment of a Bronco down on to your forehead while you're laying on the ground, then bounce off your forehead, and just as your hand instinctively swings up to swat it away you actually manage to grab hold of it somehow and stab yourself in the cheek with it.

or..

Removing the transmission pan, removing the filter, then having a huge gust of wind blow all the kitty litter from you and your neighbors driveway directly in to your eyes, and up in to the valve body.

Replacing the thermactor ports with aftermarket plugs. I have tried and tried .... I just can get mine to break loose so I can put the Trick Flow ones in .....

They came out easy in my '95 .... but these are STUCK! Not to mention the LIMITED CLEARANCE!!! :mad: :bang: :mad:

While changing out my fuel pump I reached up to disconnect the fuel lines , as I pulled it off the fuel ran down my arm off my elbow and directly into my ear.........HOLY CHRIST , at first it just felt like cool water running in your ear....then......it feels like someone is jabbing a hot poker in there....terrible pain...I was stumbling around the driveway all dizzy trying to find the garden hose , I just layed there with the hose running on my ear . Not fun!!

SPEEDYLIFSAVR said:
While changing out my fuel pump I reached up to disconnect the fuel lines , as I pulled it off the fuel ran down my arm off my elbow and directly into my ear.........HOLY CHRIST , at first it just felt like cool water running in your ear....then......it feels like someone is jabbing a hot poker in there....terrible pain...I was stumbling around the driveway all dizzy trying to find the garden hose , I just layed there with the hose running on my ear . Not fun!!

:rlaugh: I was rolling reading these...the wrench in the balls, the tap....but thisone takes the cake. SOrry to laugh at your misery, but I could almost imagine this one.

SPEEDYLIFSAVR said:

Just visualizing a person "stumbling around the driveway all dizzy trying to find a garden hose" was funny as hell. I laughed for about 10 minutes straight over that post. :nice:

or dropping a fuel tank that you "think" is empty because the guage said it was. all was well till i removed the second strap and had 150+lbs. over my head, gas spilling all over me (eyes, mouth, nose, etc) while im tryin to get the strap bolted back up.

or....

not spending more than 20 bucks on a jack. then having to use a flathead srewdriver and hammer to turn the gear to lower your notchback because the gear stripped out on the jackhandle. trying to tap it lightly but having it free-fall on the back of your head almost breaking your neck. ahh the good 'ol days.