Whats your mustangs weight?

04gtdrop

Jun 10, 2005
Sac, CA
what does the average mustang weigh? mine is a 04 drop top, about how much does she weigh? and what is the weight ratio front to rear? is it close to 50-50 or is it like 70-30? :shrug:

also how much fuel does our gas tanks hold? i thought it was 24 gal, but i have put up to 14 gal a couple times.

• Sponsors (?)

Tylerb59 said:
Weighed mine in recently at a station reading 3,700 with a full tank of gas w/o me in it. :(

Fortunately I'm only 180lbs, but with a passenger or any other cargo man this thing is a pig.
wow, i guess if i had a full tank i'd be in that area also...i remember reading gas weighs alittle over 6.25 lbs per gallon...so its a good 100lbs for a full tank. Thats Tbird/Cougar territory.

Crzyhrse said:
, and the fuel tank has been 15.7 gallons for 20 years or so.
i always thought the tank was 14.7:shrug:

anyway, my car in track trim w/ me in it weighed 3480 one trip and 3520 on the next. only difference was gas level. and for weight distribution, im not exactly sure, but the way our cars handle/act, they feel around 80/20 :nonono:
50/50 distribtion is almost impossible to achieve, especially on a FR vehicle. you should feel even an M3 (54/46, or right around there). insane handling from the factory. amount of weight and its location has a TON to do with handling

mustangman9812 said:
Is the Door Sticker weight price true?? I hope not because mine says my car weights 4823lbs

that's gross vehicle weight rating. basically you don't want to load up the car and make it weight more than that. at that point, you have more weight than the car was designed to handle.