Wheel Adapter Spacers??

bcollie67

Mar 18, 2008
I'm putting a set of 17x8 Bullitts on the front of my 67 Fastback, and I am going to run a 1" wheel adapter to make them fit. Where would I find a good wheel adapter that I can trust. Found some on ebay for around $60.00. Also found a set of H&R's for around $150.

Any of you guys know of a site where I can find some reliable ones?

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks! I actually went with H&R's 25mm adapter. They were more expensive but H&R makes quality products and this definetly isn't something I want breaking on me.

I used the 60$ Ebay spacers for my 17x8 Bullitts. No problems yet.

I'm sure the haters will come in here and flame me shortly for using cheap crap.

actually nearly all the wheel adapters on the market today use the same material for the spacer itself, an aluminum alloy, it is the quality of the machine work and attention to detail is where the price difference comes in.

Doesn't Mustangs Unlimited or NPD or one of those shops sell them?

Also, have you bought the bullitt wheels yet? If not I know of some bullitt wheels you can buy specifically for 65-73 Mustangs in any color, 17x8, and require no spacer or any sort of extra work to get them to fit. Also, the center caps are interchangeable with the stock Mustang bullitt caps. If you're interested I'll send you a link.

Doesn't Mustangs Unlimited or NPD or one of those shops sell them?

Also, have you bought the bullitt wheels yet? If not I know of some bullitt wheels you can buy specifically for 65-73 Mustangs in any color, 17x8, and require no spacer or any sort of extra work to get them to fit. Also, the center caps are interchangeable with the stock Mustang bullitt caps. If you're interested I'll send you a link.

Yeah if you don't mind send me the link

actually nearly all the wheel adapters on the market today use the same material for the spacer itself, an aluminum alloy, it is the quality of the machine work and attention to detail is where the price difference comes in.

They look EXACTLY like a high dollar set of 1 1/2 inch that I have, 2 of those are on the back of the 68, the other 2 are on the front of my 63 Fairlane with it's 96 V6 Mustang wheels. Yes, I have a lot of "junk".

Max Motorsports, H&R, Steeda, etc... pretty much all the big name brand outfits will sell a good quality product.

Any small problem in the spacer can lead to vibration, noise, adverse tire wear, or worst case a great big crash... so spend a few extra bucks and get a name you can trust. (imho)

Finally got the wheels on. Went with H&R's 25mm adapter on the front. Seemed to be a very good quality spacer.

newwheels6.jpg