wheel spacer's

TRex

Sep 11, 2004
Sumter, Sc
has anyone ever used or had problems with these, i had some on my old 94GT but im looking to put some on my 96 cobra because i have 17x9 and i want the back wheels to push out some more....., any help???

• Sponsors (?)

TRex:

I am running 30 mm spacers (Eibach wheel adapters from MM) on the rear with the stock wheels (8") with no problems.

You really want 'wheel adapters': a hubcentric spacer that bolts onto the factory lug bolts and then the tire bolts onto the adapter. A spacer will not leave enough threads to properly hold the wheel in place.

Running an inch and a quarter on mine...no clearance problems. nyuk98gt is right, you want adapters. I bought mine off ebay for about half what is charged on store sites. Email for pics if you want some.

I used a 1/4 inch spacer on my 95 Cobra w/ 275/40/17 tires. It just kicked it out enough to look good....No probs w/ those for 4 yrs.

On my current 01 GT, I'm running 1" adapters, and have had no problem with these either. They kick it out much more noticeably....I want 10.5" rims soon though b/c it's not quite the look i was going for.

I went with 25mm (1 inch) Eibach spacers. I really like the look. Just make sure you put a caliper all the way around the spacer to make sure it is the exact size all around. My first set had to be returned. No problems after that!