Wheel & Tire Question

• Sponsors (?)

snoboardcore said:
HEy guys i just picked up some MT ET Streets 26X10.5X15 on the 15" mustang 10 holes for 200 only 4 track passes on them. Will they fit my 1990 lx no problem. They should considering they where a factory wheel right?

You may need to remove the quad shocks, but they should fit fine otherwise.

A 7" factory wheel is really too skinny for a 10.5 tire. You may want to look at wheels at least 8" wide (best would be 10" wide)

i was running the same tire on factor turbines. they work pretty well just air em down to 12 psi. this year i bought som drag lites 8 inch's wide. should work better. btw i don't have my quad shocks removed and they seem to work fine.

86bluecobra said:
i was running the same tire on factor turbines. they work pretty well just air em down to 12 psi. this year i bought som drag lites 8 inch's wide. should work better. btw i don't have my quad shocks removed and they seem to work fine.
so then you didn't have any promlems with them at all on a 7 inch wheel?

no i havent had any problems with them on a 7 inch rim. i do run tubes in them however. i have welds in front and rear for street tires i went to a weld for my slick so my car looks all the same the rim is much lighter and the tire is on the recommended width rim. but it has worked fine for the past 4 years on a factory rim.