Wheels and Brakes

70Mustang

Oct 7, 2004
Hi,

Does anyone have experience or used a Baer front disc brake system? Also I am planning on using a 17 x 9 Ford racing wheel off of the new SVT Cobra, will that fit in terms of physical size (width) and bolt patterns? I think the bolt patterns may be off, I am not sure. But if anyone has used new model wheels and/or these brakes any information would be great.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

you should introduce youself to the board, WELCOME newbee !

70Mustang said:
Hi,

Does anyone have experience or used a Baer front disc brake system? Also I am planning on using a 17 x 9 Ford racing wheel off of the new SVT Cobra, will that fit in terms of physical size (width) and bolt patterns? I think the bolt patterns may be off, I am not sure. But if anyone has used new model wheels and/or these brakes any information would be great.

Thanks

i have the same brakes, what kit are you getting, touring ss track ect? they use the samr calipers on alot of their kits.i also think this thread should be in tech........after all it is tech.

my advice if you have the wheels, use the template baer provides for the specific kit and see if you'll clear the calipers. you should be fine on 17's. my wheels and brakes live well together. the newer wheels require spacers because of the backspacing and this is kinda tricky, i'd suggest if you have the wheels, get washers to mock up the wheels to see how big of a spacer you need. remember to work with ben and the other salesman at baer, they are really helpful! there are also companys like cjpony parts that carry the spacers you need, but are kinda expensive.