Wheels!

pyroman

Founding Member
Jul 28, 2002
Ennis, Texas
Hey everyone, I'm starting a search for wheels and am a bit overwhelmed by all the possibilities. I'd like to see a variety of wheels and how they look on classic mustangs so everyone post their wheels!

• Sponsors (?)

teh typical Torque thrust rims:

LANGHOLZ_008.jpg

i woulda liked them in 16" instead of 14" ...but i still think they look good.

do a search for a tread called "post them pics" there's probally a few hundred cars in there with different rims...have a good look!

Attachments

• LANGHOLZ_008.jpg
    LANGHOLZ_008.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 158
I'll just throw in what I have on the car now. This is the best picture I have of them

Merkstang004.jpg

I like wheels that have a black or gray center with a chrome lip. I used to be into all chrome but am not any more. I don't think I'll go above 17 but I don't want something so small that I can't fit upgraded brakes into them. I was thinking something along the lines of 99-04 GT wheels but I would like to do something different.

Attachments

• Merkstang004.jpg
    Merkstang004.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 85
I like wheels that have a black or gray center with a chrome lip. I used to be into all chrome but am not any more. I don't think I'll go above 17 but I don't want something so small that I can't fit upgraded brakes into them. I was thinking something along the lines of 99-04 GT wheels but I would like to do something different.
Here's my car from close to the same angle with the 99-04 GT (Bullitt) wheels and 1" spacers. 225/45R17 front, 235/45R17 back. You can look on my cardomain site for more pics. :D
Daniel
30634750008_large.jpg

Merkstang004.jpg

Sportmax 18x7.5 and 18x9.5
DSCF5703level-vi.jpg

DSCF5952-vi.jpg

I still need to make better center caps on the laser cutter and paint the centers black. "One of these days."

68efivert said:
I have Boyd Coddington Magneatos. 17*7 front 18*9 rear.
What size tires are you running? I have 235/40 in front and the bulge has disappeared on a 7.5" rim but if I go any wider there are no rear tires to match the height. As it is the fronts are already technically .1" taller than the rear.

Attachments

• DSCF5703level-vi.jpg
    DSCF5703level-vi.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCF5952-vi.jpg
    DSCF5952-vi.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 86
The bullitts do fit the classics well, I like the looks of the grey wheel. Very good looking wheel for the price.

Ron67fb: I like the look of what you have there. They look expensive :D The lip on the wheels in the profile shot you've shown there kinda makes it look like you have white walls. :p

Ron67fb: I like the look of what you have there. They look expensive :D The lip on the wheels in the profile shot you've shown there kinda makes it look like you have white walls. :p
You'll hardly find anything expensive on my car. Wheels were $520 a set shipped through eBay. These wheels are looked down upon in the ricer crowd because some kids think they need $2000 15lb. 18" wheels on their cars they drive to school and 7-11. Tires are used Dunlop run-flats and cost me $250 shipped for all four. I'm the ultimate in cheap when it comes to my '67. Someone else previously mentioned the whitewall look from that particular picture.:)

wheels and tires combo

Hello everyone, I have been workinf with a guy named Rick at customwheelsmarket.com he know is stuff about early Mustang wheels, I ended up with 255x50x17s with 17x9 with a nice 4 inch dish and for the front 225x45x17 with a 17x7 chrome torge thrust style wheel I had seen this combo on a Mustang on ebay, Rick told me that I may have to roll the rear fender lip a bit and lower the car, he was right give him a try tell him Jeff sent you, Thanks (67 mu:nice:stang coupe)

Ron67fb,

You using spacers on those? I'm having a hard time finding a set of wheels beyond the norm without going to spacers.
Yes, 1" all around. Without adapters the selections are very limited. Unless you want to spend $500 a wheel on custom offset units you either get TT look-alikes, or TT look-alikes with added curves and superfluous blingy stuff on it. I searched high and low for "alternative" wheels myself and decided adapters were the way to go. I've seen Trans Am cars at the historic races using 1.5" adapters behind their wheels so I don't doubt their strength. They're also commonly used in off-road trucks.