When all else fails

• Sponsors (?)

There's a girl that (used to now, I think) works at a Hardee's around here with a Mirage with APC stickers all over it, ginormous aluminum wing, and one of those Ventshade sunroof wind deflector things turned around backwards and stuck on the hood as a hood scoop. I need to get a pic next time I see it.

Low-5.0 said:
There's a girl that (used to now, I think) works at a Hardee's around here with a Mirage with APC stickers all over it, ginormous aluminum wing, and one of those Ventshade sunroof wind deflector things turned around backwards and stuck on the hood as a hood scoop. I need to get a pic next time I see it.
:lol:

Low-5.0 said:

Please, don't do it. I couldn't handle seeing that! :lol:

What a shame.

I need to get pics of my cousins car & throw 'em up. [he did this for S&G's] It is a '76 Plymouth Duster. Baby blue with brownish red primer flames. He made a hood scoop for it out of an old VCR. Then .... he cut up a hood from an 80's model Charger and made a 7" wing out of it (using the hinges from the hood to hold it up). Regular black wheels .... no hub caps. And of course ... it has all the stickers and emblems that the ricer gets at the parts store (APC, NOS, GT-R, etc.) It is a sight to see .....

He is more than likely referring to a HET (heavy equipment transportation system). It's a 25 ton truck that is used to transport the big boys (i.e. M-1 Abrams which can weigh in at 88 tons). If you see one coming down the road .... you will know it. It has a square-ish looking nose and it is HUGE. I think they're made by Osh-Kosh. $500K might get you one.

SeventyMach1 said:
He is more than likely referring to a HET (heavy equipment transportation system). It's a 25 ton truck that is used to transport the big boys (i.e. M-1 Abrams which can weigh in at 88 tons). If you see one coming down the road .... you will know it. It has a square-ish looking nose and it is HUGE. I think they're made by Osh-Kosh. $500K might get you one.
Got any pics of one?

He was working with these things
View attachment 473550

Tractor length: 358 in
Tractor width: 102 in
Trailer length: 622 in
Trailer width (at rear bumper): 144.8 in
Tractor curb weight: 41,000 lbs
Trailor curb weight: 50,000 lbs
Payload: 140,000 lbs
Engine: 500 horsepower Detroit Diesel
Transmission: 5-speed automatic
Speed: 40-45 mph on highway (25-30 mph with 70 ton payload)
Range: 300 mi
Fording: 28 in
Air transportability: C-5A and C-17

SLOOOOOOOOOOW

I can't imagine them making that thing an auto :nonono:

Hell yeah ... that a robot that the EOD (bomb squads) use. We have one (a little different than that one) that we travel and play with occasionally. It is a million dollar robot that weighs 750 lbs. It does all kinds of crazy stuff. Next time we break it out, I'll get a video clip. The sweetest part about it is that they're saving Soldier's lives over there.