When to do alignment after new spring installed?

• Sponsors (?)

CottonBurnerz said:
Installing new springs/shocks/lca this weekend and I was wondering when to get the car align after the install?

Before the springs settled? How can you tell when it has settled?

or

Do alignment right away after the install?

Thanks.

I had my alignment done about two weeks later. No problems since.

I would wait a week or two so that it settles completely before you do the alignment. Some shops say to do it right away, but then you lose some of the camber alignment as it settles a little more. Just don't do too much hard cornering until you get it aligned right.

take it to sears man. i took mine there as soon as i had mine done & they told me they had a 6,000 warranty on the job & to bring it back in a few weeks after i finished everything so they could make sure it was still right. they had to do a little adjusting, but not much. it didn't cost me a penny though (the 2nd time that is) :nice:

c2see21 said:
take it to sears man. i took mine there as soon as i had mine done & they told me they had a 6,000 warranty on the job & to bring it back in a few weeks after i finished everything so they could make sure it was still right. they had to do a little adjusting, but not much. it didn't cost me a penny though (the 2nd time that is) :nice:

cool.. i'll do that :nice:

CottonBurnerz said:
what do you guys mean buy "waited".. do you guys go out and drive the car without alignment normally or drive it harder than usual?

Waiting means driving as usual and then going to get the alignment after the springs had enough time to seat themselves completely. That's a better term than "settle"... they need to completely "seat" themselves.