Where did that big long thread go, about good parts to get a junk yard

I could have sworn I was here on stangnet last week and I looked at a huge long thread, like 15 pages, about good parts to get at the junk yard, but now I can't find it for the life of me. Am I going crazy or was it here on stangnet somewhere????

• Sponsors (?)

I wish I could find that thread, the 351 swap thread, 2.3 to 5.0 swap thread, and the GT40 intake comparision thread that I revived a few weeks back.

I think a sticky with links to all these threads would be helpful for alot of people and reduce the amount of threads created that ask questions that have already been answered.

I'll tell you what. I've been given some leway as how I run the 5oh sections and I think your idea may be a good one.

Find the links in question. Post those links in a new thread in the TALK section. I'll review what you've got and if your vision and my vision are on the same page, I'll make it a sticky in TECH for a while and we'll see how usable it is.

No promises on how long it remains. If it turns into a mess it'll be gone. If it turns into a useful tool then I'm reasonably sure that I can sell it to admins and it will remain.

PM me the link for the new thread once you've got it going.

My suggestion for the link might be something like "Useful Technical Links Thread".

Stuff that doesn't conform to yours and my idea in that thread will be deleted. Posts like "Kewl thread!" are of no use and will be removed from that thread.

Daggs,

Hickfied said:
I wish I could find that thread, the 351 swap thread, 2.3 to 5.0 swap thread, and the GT40 intake comparision thread that I revived a few weeks back.

I think a sticky with links to all these threads would be helpful for alot of people and reduce the amount of threads created that ask questions that have already been answered.
Send me your emial address and I will send you the 351 swap sticky contents. It is too big to fit through Stangnet's email gateway.

Budget junkyard upgrades:

a budget? do the junkyard upgrade...

Gears - 87-88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe rear axle - disc brakes and 3.55 or 3.73 gears in one package for $125-$300. Add another $100-$200 or so to complete the brake upgrade.

94-95 Mustang GT MAF - $40-$100. It is 70 MM instead of the stock 55 MM on regular stangs built prior to 94. It uses a slip on duct on the side that goes to the throttle body and a 4 bolt flange on the other. You need a $25-$35 flange adapter from Pro-M to fit the stock slip on air ducting that goes to the air box. Wiring plugs right in with no changes. *1

95-97 Ford Explorer intake manifold & throttle body $150-$300. The intake manifold flows 220 CFM +, much better than stock. Throttle body is 65 MM, bigger than the 60 MM on stock stangs. I got a 96 with EGR passages that match the stock setup, so my smog gear works just like factory. You’ll need a 65 MM EGR spacer & new gaskets for $65-$90 so you have a place to mount the EGR & throttle linkage.

3G alternator from 94-95 Mustangs or other Ford. $20-$120. A must have to make the electrical system work like it should. You’ll need a 4 gauge power wire and a 125-135 amp fuse to go with it about $15- $30.

Lincoln MK VIII electric fan -$40-$160. Free up some HP by not having to drive the stock fan. The 3G alternator upgrade is a must have prerequisite before you do the MK VIII fan. You won’t have enough electrical power if you don’t do the 3G upgrade.

Aluminum driveshaft: (courtesy of shawn13) It needs to be from a 92-93-94 Aerostar AWD and you will need the u-joint, part #353 from NAPA. It should bolt right up after the u-joint swap

*1.) I got a metal flange adapter from Powered by Ford for $35 and tax. That was over a year ago. Summit Racing may also have one too.