where do u work!

• Sponsors (?)

i work in a chemical plant. Huntsman conroe site. i work for a contractor company called JE merit. i fill drums and about to be a pump mechanic, possibly hired on to huntsman.

haha i have the greatest job i answer the phones at the local domino's. But i also get free food from alot of places for "trades" with us. i get 7.50 an hour to talk to retards. and then work for my pops on the weekend at 15 $per hour. got i have a good life for a 16 year old

WilwoodFiveO said:
haha i have the greatest job i answer the phones at the local domino's. But i also get free food from alot of places for "trades" with us. i get 7.50 an hour to talk to retards. and then work for my pops on the weekend at 15 $per hour. got i have a good life for a 16 year old

That was my first job at 16 years old.

Do a favor for me. One of these nights when you're really bored and someone calls in - right after you tell them that their pizza will be there in about 30-45 minutes and right before you hang up the phone, say this:

I love you.

Say it as you/they are hanging up. Oh man, life was worry-free back in the day.

GT40XStang9, I have a couple other buddies that are in the same field also. One is in sales, one is in design. The design guy works for Mustang and the sales guy works for something like Southern Oil Tools, its _______ Oil Tools. Not Baker, I know that for sure.

notch22 said:
GT40XStang9, I have a couple other buddies that are in the same field also. One is in sales, one is in design. The design guy works for Mustang and the sales guy works for something like Southern Oil Tools, its _______ Oil Tools. Not Baker, I know that for sure.

There's a bunch: MCM OT, Eaton OT, Casper OT, Tem OT, Access OT, etc. have you thought about joining the oil patch?

88gt said:
Have you heard of Helmerich & Payne?...that's my employer...I sit and draw pictures of stuff you engineer types think up...just a a dammed 'ol draftsman...

Sorry, I've never heard of them, but that's because they're rig contractors and we really don't deal much with that aspect. Everyone starts somewhere! There are PLENTY of old farts working above me that have years and years of experience and now they're making lots of money even though they started as draftsman. It's never too late to go to school or further your education in one way or another. :nice: