Where does this bolt go? =)

• Sponsors (?)

Did the new tensioner come with the pulley already on? That might be the pulley bolt from your old one, and the new one came with a bolt. I've done that a few times; ended up with bolts left over, because the new parts came with new bolts.

Shiroelex said:
Did the new tensioner come with the pulley already on? That might be the pulley bolt from your old one, and the new one came with a bolt. I've done that a few times; ended up with bolts left over, because the new parts came with new bolts.

that wouldn't be tensioner bolt as its threaded all the way. bolt for tensioner is threaded only half the length.

Let me take look at my engine to see if I can see where it goes

thats the bolt for the back of the throttle body, that holds the accelerator cable down(x2)... or its an upper altenator bolt(once again x2).

Its my factory tensioner, just replaced the pulley.

It's not anything to do with the alternator since that part wasn't touched ;) It has to do with removing the tensioner which required me to remove the coil pack bracket aswell. The other bolts don't look like this one at all.

well it looks 100% like the bolt that goes on the throttle cable.... especially with the attached washer... I'll go look at mine really quick, but its dark and I'm drunk so don't wait up.

Check all the bolt's on your intake manifold.. for everything that is held on there. That looks just like the bolts that hold the EGR module bracket on.. same with everything else that is bolted down to the intake..

What size is the head?

It's a bolt that has something to do with the tensioner. It didn't come from anywhere else.

Now what im not sure is, if its one of the main tensioner bolts (which I don't think so) or if its to the bracket that holds the coil packs up and such which had to be unbolted to remove the tensioner.

It's not intake related or anything like that :)

Now one of you 96-98 guys should go out and take pictures of your tensioner bolts and the bracket that holds your passenger side coil pack up and show me so I can located where it goes! ;)

d98gt said:
Guess I need to take the tensioner back off since its squealing again :(

What could cause this being that its a new pulley and such? Over tightened maybe?

You sure nothing like water pump pully or idler(not tensioner pully) is start to seize up or gone south?

Well I found out where the mystery bolt went and it really had nothing to do with the tensioner :)

However, I took the tensioner off and looked at the pulley and the grease was pushed out of the pulley. I assume I tightened the bolt too tight to the tensioner itself... Is there a certain torque to do this?