where to get an IRS

Torinalth

Founding Member
Jul 16, 2002
Clayton NC
well.... i think for ease, and being unique (as well as toms comment of it being more comfortable then a built stick) i am going to ditch the stick and get an irs. problem is, where? i have beren trying to find a cobra owner that wants to go to a solid for a bit with no luck. anyone know anything on places to get em? or even just the core, differential housing (and all the guts) axles, brakes, etc... i will prolly get tubular upper and lowers and go coilovers with the rear.

Thoughts?

Torinalth

• Sponsors (?)

considering my car will probably never see a drag strip, i'm not really concerned. I'm weakly following Tom in the corners, not in the quarter. I'm going to keep looking around to see what i can find, but who knows. If you hear from someone, lemme know :p

Torinalth

Ernad said:
Why not just modify your solid axle?
yo ernie View attachment 500795

the reason is roadf aren't the same as race tracks, even though rracks are completely prepped that are cleaned and have no bumps, unlike standand roads whick has bump, marks, crack bends, wlds you know etc... if you had a stuff setup like i had you'd know how bad it is though daily driving over crap like that, even though it's easily known though just the stock setup with the solid axle setup.

has my thread turned into a dating club?

heh, i have been scowering corral, SN, MD, MT, and SVT performance classifides... so far no dice... curiously though... if i was to pirce one together, i'd need the differential housing, axles (does IRS have tubes?), hubs, rear brakes, differential, and... is that it? of course i'd need to get upper and lower arms, but i'd be going tubular an coilovers.... so am i correct? i really dont wanna buy it from ford... but if i have no other choice..

i'd like to get it come christmas and preferably before... working on getting a house, and paying off an engaguement ring. so, i want to get my baby setup before i have to devote my money elsewhere.

Torinalth

As much as I dislike Stricly Performance, they regularly are swapping IRS for solid axles. I'd try giving them a call and asking if they currently have any customers looking to swap. I also have a buddy who is looking to swap on his Cobra. I'll give him a call but I don't know if he's looking for a straight up trade or trade+cash. Where are you located?