where to get power wire and fuse?

Mustangless

Jun 27, 2003
home
I am trying to hook up an amp but I don't have everything needed. I have the rcas, remote wire, ground cable and speaker wire. The only thing I need is atleast an 8 guage power wire and a 40amp fuse. Can I pick up just the fuse and wire at autozone? I don't want to buy on the net because of shipping taking up time.

• Sponsors (?)

if you were near me i would sell ya some.I buy 0/4/8 guage by the 100/200 ft spool.Try going to a Radio Shack,they carry some streetwire stuff,Autozone MIGHT have a amp wiring kit.Or any stereo shop should have it on a spool,although they might rape you on the price.

I agree with iskwezm, In some cases, it might be just as cheap to buy the kits that have all the wires in it even if you don't need them all. I think i paid like $20 for my kit. It also depends on what size gauge u need and how big of amp ur running. If you buy the cable off the spool, u will still have to buy a fuse holder/fuse. The kits have it already together. Compare and see, I'm sure you will be able to find something within at least an 1hr from you. Good luck!!