Where to mount electric fuel pump?

• Sponsors (?)

mustangman70 said:
4MuscleMachines that is one nice setup!!

Its settled, becasue i cant afford a damn race tank, i will use the drain plug for now ....YEE HAW

Have you confirmed that your tank does have a drain plug?

Both my original tank, and the new one I replaced it with didn't have a drain plug. I didn't even know any mustang tanks had drain plugs until reading this thread...

Yes it has one, and the edelbrcok instruction manual says to have the pressure at 7.5 whille hitting the nitrous, so i think 9 will be perfact and safe, also thehueypilot, are you sure maybe the nitrous failure wasent becasue you were low on gas and when you were hitting it it wasent getting fuel to the front pick up :shrug:

mustangman70 said:
Yes it has one, and the edelbrcok instruction manual says to have the pressure at 7.5 whille hitting the nitrous, so i think 9 will be perfact and safe, also thehueypilot, are you sure maybe the nitrous failure wasent becasue you were low on gas and when you were hitting it it wasent getting fuel to the front pick up :shrug:

I had a stand alone fuel system for the NOS and like you I had a low pressure switch that was set at 5 psi so that if the fuel system lost pressure it would deactivate the NOS. When the NOS gets low it starts to surge and sprays very uneven. If you are worried you could install a tube into the drain hole that ran to the back of the tank.

I stopped using nitrous years ago when I dis-assembled my short block and most of my pistons had cracks running up the skirts. :bang:
I substituted with more cubic inches on the next motor :banana:
No more gas for me.
good luck.

125 shot, I think?
Not sure how many bottles. 1.5 years?

Im not trying to scare you off from using Nitrous. If its a weekend racer and you need that little extra blast to make you win, and your engine is built to accept the extra stress,go for it.
But if its a daily driver and you hit the button every chance you get (which its hard not to) and its not built to handle the extra stress, you may find yourself rebuilding the thing sooner than you had planned.

Maybe focus on bringing out some more true HP/TQ with other mods, and then going with a smaller shot of nitrous if you feel you need it. A decent cam and a good set of heads, would wake the thing up.

You probably have already decided where to place it but mine is just below the pickup attached to a piece of sheetmetal which is attached to the body. The picture isn't the best but it gives an idea.

Attachments

• mini-ap30$009.jpg
    mini-ap30$009.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 86