Where's this oil coming from? Ideas?

green95gt

Apr 15, 2004
cartersville ga
Hopefully someone can give some advice, I don't have any experiance with the 4.6 motor (i have a blown 95gt) My wifes 02 gt has started leaking oil on the right valve cover...but am only finding the oil on the top of the valve cover. And it only seems to be on the cover and in the bolt holes BEHIND the pvc valve. At first I thought valve cover gaskets or loose valve cover bolts, but they are snug and i can't find any oil around the gaskets. Ths pcv valve seems "loose" in the valve cover though and it only seems to leak or get oil on it after accelerating hard (passing a car or speeding up to merge) This car has been babied and not seen any of the thrashing my 95 goes through. Any ideas? replace pcv valve? I'm lost. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I'd pull that PCV valve out and see why it's not seating in the valve cover grommet fully. Sounds like you've got the problem very well narrowed down. Replacing the PCV valve itself, finding the reason it won't seat, or replacing the valve cover/grommet would probably be your best course of action at this point.