Which block?

mustang120plus

Founding Member
Jan 10, 2002
Michigan
Ok...so my block is most likely screwed lol.

Not taking the stang out this year, planning on just saving up all my money till next spring and doing things right this time.

I am going to tear down my motor and put everything on a new block so I already have heads, intake ect... I want a 4 bolt main and something that can handle a procharger d1sc blow-thru setup. My horsepower goals with after the blower I would have to say would be around 550-600hp so I need something that can withstand that amount.

Its been a while since I have looked around so I was curious what everyone is running these days.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Not taking the stang out this year, planning on just saving up all my money till next spring and doing things right this time.

I am going to tear down my motor and put everything on a new block so I already have heads, intake ect... I want a 4 bolt main and something that can handle a procharger d1sc blow-thru setup. My horsepower goals with after the blower I would have to say would be around 550-600hp so I need something that can withstand that amount.

Its been a while since I have looked around so I was curious what everyone is running these days.

Thanks!

ford racing has just released a new 4 bolt main boss block,the a4 iff u could find one in gd condition would be gd .

If they are able to break a 4 bolt what is to say that a 2 bolt won't self destruct much sooner. 4 bolts have always been bought by motorheads... the typical racer is going to be pushing a lot of power and usually some sort of poweradder. It's just part of the game of pushing things to the limit. You have to look at the market that is buying the product.
Kevin

Thanks!

just a quick question in referance to your sig, how are you estimating 400+hp on a na 302 setup.....

Anyways, a dart sportsman block is a 2 bolt main block and will hold up to the type of power your looking to put down.

yeah the crank broke. can't remember who made it. IMO your not going to break an after market block that was made to handel that type of power. something else will probably break first. Which was the case with the 4 bolt block that i have. The one thing i know for sure is that a stock 5.0 block is junk. I have seen lotes of them just split in half.