which fuel pump for '98 cobra

SVTSTEEDA

Aug 10, 2003
Greensboro NC
companies always advertise in tank fuel pumps for Cobras up to 97. I really don't know what they did differently in '98 but my question is this.....What pump should i put on my '98 supercharged cobra? i have been told putting a walbro 255lph in will just give out eventually because it isn't built for the on/off work in the '98 fuel system. any help would be great. thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

SVTSTEEDA said:
companies always advertise in tank fuel pumps for Cobras up to 97. I really don't know what they did differently in '98 but my question is this.....What pump should i put on my '98 supercharged cobra? i have been told putting a walbro 255lph in will just give out eventually because it isn't built for the on/off work in the '98 fuel system. any help would be great. thanks.
Have a Walbro 255 in mine and it has worked GREAT.
Make sure you go with an intake setup because if you go with an external it will just get bottle necked by the pump in the tank. If you add a bigger external pump you won't get what your paying for although it will help some.
Walbro also makes a pump ideal for N20 and for a SC application so make sure you choose the correct one if you go Walbro. Basically a high pressure pump and a lower pressure pump