Which H-Pipe??

foxbodyrules

Sep 17, 2004
Hi, i am going to be buying an offroad h-pipe soon and i was looking at two.. the 2.5" BBK O/R H and the MAC ProChamber. This is for my 91' GT. I was wondering which would give me a better muscle car, deep throaty sound. Also which would give me more horsepower? I thought these would be the best two.. but does anyone think other h-pipes would be better? I want the deep throaty sound though, not higher pitched. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

My mac o/r fits great and sounds pretty sick w/ my shorties and 2-chambers. It's *the* stereotypical mustang sound. My friend has longtubes and a prochamber (also w/ 2-chamber flows). His sounds way deeper and kinda scary at wot. I'm jealous.

Yea X-Pipes definately have a more straight out sound, if anything they are more raspy, but I think the also make more power, H-Pipe sound deaper, more like a mustang, but in my case I dont have a mid-pipe, and I like it so wutever you like does the trick.

I have a prochamber with eq length shorty Mac headers and Flowmaster catback sys. I took off the H pipe, installed stock cats and like the sound better than with the prochamber. But for setup and install, the prochamber bolts together and is adjustable so you can get it up higher than some mid pipes. I had a pacesetter h pipe from summit and the thing was so poorly made that it never fit right without exhaust leaks. I tried to fix it and re weld it but I am no exhaust tech. It sits in two pieces in my garage. $150 wasted in my opinion. If I were you I would decide whether you want a cheap pipe or an expensive adjustable pipe. I am not 100% happy with the sound of the prochamber but it may be the entire combo that makes it sound kinda funny. Lots of variables there. Good luck.

CB

Also, can someone explain how to take off the old h-pipe and install the o/r h or prochamber, or tell me a website where it explains how to? I have cats on my car as of now. Thanks.

Is the prochamber better quality and sound than the o/r h? I just want to know if the extra money is worth it.