which is better

biggiggy

Dec 8, 2006
so i always wanted to know what mustang is the king of mustangs roush, saleen, or cobra and mach 1 i dont think it would be in the same catagory what do you guys think

• Sponsors (?)

not really a tech queastion, but for SN95 i'd have to say the 03/04 cobra only one to get the 390 out w/ 4V heads an IRS (pro or con?) and that's pretty substantial. For SN197 i'd have the say Roush and thier stage 3 and BlackJack at 430horses yet still keeping it a low weight.

It depends if you're asking about drag racing or around turns. I don't know what the big deal about s/c roush's is. I've seen many tests and all they can manage is mid 13s or a little lower even with the 427R, but on the track their faster than most mustangs. stock for stock id say a 03/04 cobra but once you put a power adder on a mach 1, they are usually faster than cobras due to a lighter aluminum block and a live rear axle.

It depends if you're asking about drag racing or around turns. I don't know what the big deal about s/c roush's is. I've seen many tests and all they can manage is mid 13s or a little lower even with the 427R, but on the track their faster than most mustangs. stock for stock id say a 03/04 cobra but once you put a power adder on a mach 1, they are usually faster than cobras due to a lighter aluminum block and a live rear axle.

The only problem is after you reach 450HP on the Mach 1 you have to worry about its internals giving out, plus that block will give out easier than the cobra block.
I think the 03/04 cobra's are hands down the best mustangs around...period. I like them better than the GT500's even. They look sick, are fast as hell stock, and respond very well to mods unlike the puny 2v motors.

For me it's always been about the CObra. I loved the '01 CObras so much I bought one. The '03 '04's are they best mustang period. Like stated before the body style is way cooler than the new s197's and they respond so well to bolt ons that you can easily drop in exhaust a pully and a nice tune and SPANK 90% of whats on the street.

As far as tuners, I'd say the Roush. They have so much data related to racing . Yes, Saleen also is in racing, but not near the amount as Roush. I don't care for the Roush "look" however. But, even the Saleen is over the top in looks also. I'd prefer a Roush with all the power and handling mods, but a subtle but very "business" look.

Saleen S-351.

Saleen modified Windsor 351 cubic inch (5.8 liter) V8 engine with forged pistons and high performance aluminum cylinder heads; Vortec 8 pound Supercharger; 510 horsepower; 495 pounds of torque @ 3500 rpm; Borg Warner 6 speed manual transmission; 3.55:1 rear end gears;

SN95: Saleen S-351

Or maybe the Saleen SR? Don't know much about it, but I think it is rarer than the 351, and looks a lot faster :nice:

S-197: Roush Blackjack

The new Roush's look great. The rear looks kinda funny from some angles, but that's the only thing I don't like about it. If its as light as people say it is (ie, nowhere near as heavy as the GT500), I'd say it has to be the king of the S-197's.

as far as looks and performance 03/04 cobra cause 390hp out the gate and doesnt have gaudy body moldins or uncalled for rediculuosly big spoilers for short theyre the best ever built i think(opinions are lik a**h***s everyone has them)