which mid pipe

ok guys i know this has been a million times but im stuck between a rock and a hard place adn i need to decide quickly. which o/r mid-pipe will sound best with my magnapack catback? it would be great if some people had sound clips for comparison. again sorry fort teh post but i gotta decide something quick. do i go with a o/r h or an o/r x

• Sponsors (?)

yea- im not to big on the raspy tone of X pipes either, but in all my experience of my own car, and my friends cars, SLP and Magnapacks sound good while being revved at IDLE with an H- but when you drive it, they are IMO nasty.

Good friend of mine had Magnapacks with an H- i dont like magnapacks as is, but with the H, it didnt sound bad but just not up to its potential. It sounded good while being revved at idle but when he drove it just didnt sound like it was all that. He put an X on it, and even though i dont like the way magnapacks sound- i had to hand it to him, it sounded pretty decent.

try and find sound clips with cars moving and stuff on youtube. pay attention to how it sounds when the gears are changed and throttle is applied at load.

To my knowledge, Magnapacks aren't chambered, and the general rule of thumb i've been taught is: Chambered mufflers like Flows and MAC get H pipes and the Magnapack and SLP types get X.

I have a bassani x w/ magnapacks on mine. Sounds great, I get compliments all the time.

IMO, I think it will be more a matter of preference (for all the same reasons mentioned above), both should sound pretty good.

ok guys i know this has been a million times but im stuck between a rock and a hard place adn i need to decide quickly. which o/r mid-pipe will sound best with my magnapack catback? it would be great if some people had sound clips for comparison. again sorry fort teh post but i gotta decide something quick. do i go with a o/r h or an o/r x

I say a catted H pipe because an X pipe is only going to accentuate the already raspy sound (IMHO) of the packs.....

i had glasspacks on mine with stock h pipe and it sounded cool, put an o/r x and it sounded really super loud and the main tone was awsome but it made a secondary noise under load that sounded like crap so i changed mufflers thinking that was it and it was worse.