Which super charger???!??

Yes, an intercooler is cheap insurance but it is not needed to install a centri. Sure my power levels are down in the summer, but I'm not in boost at all times like a screw would be when I'm in the throttle during my daily commute. I plan on an intercooler if I ever want to pulley down or do a rebuild, but for now, I'm perfectly happy. My car is exactly what I want out of it.

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly I have a V2 and hated their method of tapping into the oil pan. I followed their instructions verbatim and it still eventually leaked. I wound up getting a Moroso pan with a bung welded in and a new fitting on both sides of the oil drain line so I have threaded AN hose to ensure no leaks. If you had the choice to go v2 or v3 at the same price i would do the self contained v3.

Centri, all the way. Gear the car accordingly to what you want to do, put a simple meth kit on it to raise octane and lower the IAT's.

If you want the hit of a roots/twin screw blower down low, pulley a centri blower down to close or max impellar speed of the head unit, then put a simple blower restrictor on it. Very easy to do at the hardware store. Your boost will come on very linear. Down low, it will hit like a twin screw, but will completely out pull one on the top end. A good BOV in the right place will negate any damage done to the headunit. Paxton(which is owned by Vortech now) allows this on other builds. It is really the way to go for a blower setup. The torque will be there with a pulleyed down centri blower with a restrictor, but you won't spike the boost. The car will be much faster than an equal twin screw car.

Could you provide some links to exactly what you are talking about? No I don't have a Centri anymore but my cousin is planning on putting one on some day (He already bought it) and I know he would be interested.

Thanks.

I've got a Paxton Novi 2000 w/ ProCharger intercooler setup. Just need to find a DD cause the gas it will suck up I can't afford it. Like to get it on my 2002 GT soon. But would like to beef up the stock block for sure before I install it.

I've got a Paxton Novi 2000 w/ ProCharger intercooler setup. Just need to find a DD cause the gas it will suck up I can't afford it. Like to get it on my 2002 GT soon. But would like to beef up the stock block for sure before I install it.

I didn't really see much of a reduction in gas mileage except for the first few tanks after the tune and installation. Sure there are weeks where I did a couple extra gear runs and hit boost more, but I'm still knocking down 16-26 mpg.

Could you provide some links to exactly what you are talking about? No I don't have a Centri anymore but my cousin is planning on putting one on some day (He already bought it) and I know he would be interested.

Thanks.

Sure, PM me. I'll ask ECS(East Coast Supercharging). We hold most of the records for the LSX cars, but the restrictor has been tried on many cars with great results. I've pulled my restrictor to max out my Novi 1500 at 12psi(spinning it at 61000rpms), so now I'm looking at the Novi 2500. Same principles apply to any centri blower on a stock motor. Spin it hard, produce boost down low, and it runs strong all the way through the powerband.