<<Which year was larger rear qrterscoop>>

Let me clarify.. When exactly did the 99-04 stang get the larger rear quarter scoop? All I know is my '99 has it, but only because it's a true 35th Limited Edition, reason being, a website dedicated to the 35th LE listed the differences inside and out, between a normal badged 35th, and an actual LE, and listed as one of the special differences is the rear quarter scoop, or so the site said, however maybe all GT's came with it, or at least I think special models, however it seems after like '02 I've seen not one GT with the shorter ugly scoop, a few other 99 GT's I've come across did not have the full length scoop either tho...and so I'm curious. Here is my car, with the full length scoop;
NewPIcsMy35thAnny6.jpg

Now here's a regular '99 GT;

1999-ford-mustang-gt.jpg

or
21698_1999_Ford_Mustang_LR.jpg

I'm just curios, I've seen some GT's that have this ugly looking, shorter scoop on them, but most, like over 90% probably, have the full length rear quarter scoop, just like my car, and my friends '04 Cobra. Maybe it's only an issue with the '99 model year. The LE's had it, regular GT's did not, and then following GT models did...? Yeah I'm this lost, and over something seemingly so inept.
Is it possibly a V6 thing, because I've seen it on 99+ GT's and why would anyone want that ugly scoop, not that the normal one is much better, but with a little effort it can be made very nice, if you're into custom fabrication, or just good with a screwdriver and paint brush, back to the point, why would anyone want the shorter one on their car. If anyone would change it, maybe change to the nice saleen one, or something custom made, but that's it I say... It just blends into the car well. But the shorter one is ugly as Hel L imho.

Anyways, anyone know why some have one or the other, I hate to even start an entire thread on the topic, but who knows, maybe it will spawn some interesting conversation.

Oh one more thing, I should have well over 2-300 posts by now, but, like once per month my post count go's up by like, 2, and it hasn't gone up in a long time, just a question for a mod if one stops by.

-Dave
:SNSign:

Attachments

• NewPIcsMy35thAnny6.jpg
    NewPIcsMy35thAnny6.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Sponsors (?)

honestly I was gonna switch to the "ugly" scoops, the big ones made me mad, I didn't want any fake scoops on my car, went Bullitt instead

i have the ugly ones..ive thought about getting the 01+ scoops for the longest time, but now ive been thinking about gettin the bullitt scoops with the cobra rocker panels :drool:

people kicking the rocker panels getting in and out of my car makes me angry :mad:

plus itd be a cleaner look

'99 to '00 GT's,'99+ V6's got the "shorter scoop" as you call them,while the limited edition 35th anniversary GT's got the "enclosed side scoop style",but is not "bulky",and '01+ GT's also got the "enclosed side scoop look",but "bulkier" then the '99 anniversary ones.The same goes for the hood scoop.Only '99 anniversary GT's,and '01+ got the hood scoop,but the '01+ GT's hood scoop is bulkier.
The special edittion 35th anniversary GT's had a few different things aswell.

I like the stockers on my 04 GT...."enclosed" . My dads 00 V6 has the short version, and I personally dont like them very much. Although I wouldnt go as far as ugly....IMO about like the bullitt scoops. Not UGLY, but no way I would put either on my GT.
And IMO the bullitt scoops actually look worse than the V6 scoops....it just looks 100% fake and cheesy looking. Atleast the others have the real look and dont draw the immediate "LOL those are definatly fake" reaction. You have to get close..ESPECIALLY with the enclosed style..to tell they are fake.

01-04 GT's, 03/04 Mach 1's and 03/04 Cobras

01 bullitts got unique side scoop deletes

They are slightly bulkier than the 99 35th/00 spring edition scoops.

The black inserts are different as well. I beleive GT's and Mach 1's have honeycomb while 03/04 Cobras get a black horizontal grill style.

99 35th/00 spring editions also get a shorter profile hood scoop than the 01+ GT and 03/04 pony edition V6 hoods.

Finally, the 99 35th/00 spring edition spoiler is the same spoiler used on 01+ GTs/Machs except the later wing has a "character line" on the top while the 99/00 version is flat

Personally, i love the big scoops...reason I bought my '03
Scoops FTW!
pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=929891

Attachments

• pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=929891
    pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=929891
    77.8 KB · Views: 76
I bought 99-00 scoops to replace my 04 scoops, but I found out after I removed the scoops, I have some uncleared paint underneath that the 99-00 scoops don't cover :mad:

What a waste of money :mad::mad::mad:

PlatinumDevil said:
I also have the ugly door ding protectors that came on canadian gt's and american v6's.

They also put those on GT's here, although it's not as common. EVery once in a while i'll see a GT with them on and just say "Damn, take those off!"

I've even seen a Cobra make it out with those on.

It's just 3M tape, why not peel it off??

PlatinumDevil said:
Is the paint not discoloured underneath? If you promise that I wont be able to tell that they used to be there ill take them off december 15th

I can't promise that. You could pry up an edge and look. It's only double stick tape, you could just put it back if it's discolored.