White diamond pearl mustang

satanas

Dec 16, 2005
Arizona
Hello everyone i wanted to know whats a good way to paint my mustang. I want to paint it myself.I want to paint it white diamond pearl.Its a total color change.Should i paint my door jams and then outside of my car. should I take my doors of and paint my door jams,engine compartment and trunk first. then the outside of car. please let me know.Thank you.

Ps.does anyone know an old issue were a convertible mustang with that white diamond pearl it came out many years ago in one of the mustang magazines. I think it was the 5.0. Thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

your gonna want to paint inside the doors first. if not you'll have to tape off the complete exterior and if you slip and leave an opening in your tape job overspray will get in there. Then you'll have to fix. as to where if you paint inside the doors first wait for it to dry. lay your foam inside the door jams close the door and do the exterior. And always better to remove the doors, hinges and door panels to make sure nothing is left the old color. hope it helps.