White Leather Interior

shlby123

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2002
Dallas
Hi! I have an '87 GT that has the white leather interior and and a lot of the plastic molding througout the car is white as well. Im trying to find out what the best overall cleaner would be for the leather seats themselves and for the white on the door panels & plastic moldings. The car has just under 70K original miles and the seats have no tears or anything in them yet but very very tiny cracks are forming and I dont know how to save this leather.

• Sponsors (?)

I always used just soap and water...

very carefully.

I tended to stay away from leather conditioners typically because i found they left a residue afterwards, or made the seats sticky.

just make sure whenever to use soap, you have a separate bucket with clean water to wipe them down.

and if you are persistent on using a leather conditioner, seek the aid of a furniture store and use their products (they can be expensive though, around $100 mark)

I have the white interior with leather seats.Personally I used Meguires Leather conditioner/cleaner on everything.If it is extra dirty,use a light mix of soap and water then dry off afterwards,then use the conditioner on it.I never had a problem with it being sticky afterwards.Just my own personal preference.

I just tried this the other day with great results on a few light colored leather seats at work....Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. It took some elbow grease but it avoided getting the seats really wet or using any harsh chemicals and left them near spotless.