Who here knows about front suspension

Traitor5150

Jan 26, 2004
Ok When i first got my car it had 17 cobra r rims and toyo tires and i think b springs. WELL a toyo blew out i replaced them with cooper proxes or whatever they are. Ever since bumpsteer has been horrible car pulls and sways everywhere. I figured better tires better grip more road feel so I put upr 4 bolt cc plates and upr bumpsteer kit and did poly sway bar bushings. Helped a little hower now my steering doesnt feel as tight and when my car goes over uneven pavement it still pulls a little plus I can hear the cc plates clack everytime I go over bumps. Also almost forgot I have kyb shocks... What can I do to make my steering tight and have normal feeling and eliminate this damn bumpsteer and that clacking. DAMN CAR

• Sponsors (?)

My car does the exact same thing now. I just put on 17" cobra R wheels and 275 tires in the front. It never did it before with my old rims and 245 tires. I think the wider tires grip the road more and tend to follow the contours of the road a lot more. If you don't like it, you'll probably just have to get smaller tires like 255 or even 245.

i would say the looser steering feel is due to the increased caster as your effort is reduced. the clacking is normal for a cc plate that does not have a rubber or urethane bushing. who did the adjustment of the bumpsteer kit and what are your aligmnet specs after you put the cc plates on?

I was thinking about this some more as I was driving yesterday... Look at your alignment... my car with teh same tires and wheels was really bad for tramelling until after I lowerede it and "aligned" it (did it by eye and trial and error)...

But what I did was put as much castor as i could (keeping it the same by measuring the distance from the hood bump stops to the top fo teh strut on both sides, then eyeballing some negative camber. I wouls say I probably have about 2' negative as my tires are still wearing fairly nice. My car no longer trammels...