Why is my oil pressure getting lower???

FYI, my car burns and leaks a little oil.. its leaking from the oil pan soo I have to add a quart every week.. anyways.. my usual oil pressure when cold is 50 at an idle and 60ish driving... then when it warms up, its 40 at idle and 50 cruisin..

Ever since a week ago, it runs at 40 at an idle when cold and 45 driving..

then when warm, it goes down to 30 at idle and kinda hesitates at 30, goin up and down kinda and 40 driving... How did this happen in a week??? The car still performs real good and it doesnt feel like anything is wrong, except looking at my oil press gauge on my piller! This just changed over a week ide say.... Would an oil change and new filter up it back up???

What are your opinions

• Sponsors (?)

FiVeLiTeR87GT said:
FYI, my car burns and leaks a little oil.. its leaking from the oil pan soo I have to add a quart every week.. anyways.. my usual oil pressure when cold is 50 at an idle and 60ish driving... then when it warms up, its 40 at idle and 50 cruisin..

Ever since a week ago, it runs at 40 at an idle when cold and 45 driving..

then when warm, it goes down to 30 at idle and kinda hesitates at 30, goin up and down kinda and 40 driving... How did this happen in a week??? The car still performs real good and it doesnt feel like anything is wrong, except looking at my oil press gauge on my piller! This just changed over a week ide say.... Would an oil change and new filter up it back up???

What are your opinions

My 89 does the same thing! I just replaced the rear main but it still leaks... :(