why it's important to use corrected times

Mike97gt

it doe snot
Founding Member
Jan 26, 1999
the people's republic of massachusetts
I thought the air was going to be good tongiht so I went to the track, and left very disapointed, the stang was trapping 1-2 MPH less than last week :( I am thinking WTF, so I start playing with the tune, changing shift points. I started to think that maybe I need to do a compression check tommorow..

well when I got home and checked the weather data ( a few weather sites log a weather history per hour, so you can see your exact weather when you ran) I realized that even though it was cool (71 degrees) and not humid (15 percent) the baro was 29.60 :( if I knew that I would have never went tonight and wasted 19 bucks and 20 buck in gas.

the data for those numbers is a 1306 and now I will show you the difference.

uncorrected---- [email protected]

corrected---- [email protected] <--- thats my all time best corrected time

and this run

uncorrected---- [email protected] ( ran the car hot)

corrected---- [email protected]

I threw the rest of my timeslips away, including a blazing 25.62@44mph :lol:

what happed there is I hooked then wheel hopped mid way thru first so I dumped out of it and did a sunday drive down the strip :) I found out this PISSES the track officals off.

everytime I hook good I get wheel hop, and I think I know why.when I tryed to install my upper and lower control arms monday night I found that all the bolts that hold the control arms in are seized to the metal insert of the control arm bushings. with the bolts seized to the inserts this is probally binding my suspension up badly. I think this is causing my horrible 60 ft times..

so I had to order new bolts and nuts for the control arms so I can install my UPR arms, after I install the new arms and have freed up bushings I think my 60 foot times will come down to atleast a 2.0

• Sponsors (?)

01Steeda said:
I have no clue how to calculate corrected time.. can u point me to a webstie to read that and maybe one of the weather sites you spoke of?

sure modulardepot has the calulators for corrected times in the resources section and the my et's will calulate them

http://www.wunderground.com I use this site for weather info.

just scroll down to the history and almanac setion about 1/3 the way down the page and if you click on that and scroll down past the graphs you will see weather info broken down per hour. it used to be every 2 minutes but now they cut it down per hour.

Yea, weather has a big impact, especially down in Houston with the humidity. The night i ran my 13.8 the humidity was at 92% :( and it was in the mid 70's at 9pm!. The corrected time was a [email protected], so the car is very capable. I'm gonna wait for a cool / low humidity day to go to the track so i can hit 13.6's with an x-pipe and catback

01Steeda said:
wow!!

my best actual run

uncorrected 13.007 @ 106.8

weather 83 degrees and 58% humidity 30.07 pressure

corrected DA 1667

corrected times 12.77 @ 108.76

excellent times!!!

I need to go to the track on a track rental or sunday becuase the lack of prep is killing me too.

I should videotape a street night at NED so you guys see what I mean. they let all the imports and sleds drive right thru the water and drag it on the track, there is no VHT on the track.

I think once I fix my binding suspension and go on a sunday I will cut 1.9 60's

svttech76 said:
excellent times!!!

I need to go to the track on a track rental or sunday becuase the lack of prep is killing me too.

I should videotape a street night at NED so you guys see what I mean. they let all the imports and sleds drive right thru the water and drag it on the track, there is no VHT on the track.

I think once I fix my binding suspension and go on a sunday I will cut 1.9 60's

I was off om ,y temp lol.. read the graph wrong. temp was 74 and that makes it a 12.88... still ok by me haha.

I know what ya mean about the imports.. we have the same problem.

Wow...don't nobody come to Lubbock Tx and race. Its been a while since I did this correction but I ran a 14.88 in my 99 Cobra (being very nice to my new halfshaft) and with the DA and heat from that night, it corrected all the way down to a 13.7x. Been a while since that night, so I don't remember the exact numbers but it was freakin hot and the DA was somewhere around 4000 I think.

was it @ NED Mike? What tires are you running? I was cutting 1.78 - 1.80 60' times the one friday night I made it down there last year before going on deployment. This was on 315/35/17 Nitto DR's @ about 17-18 psi. No wheel hop and long as I launched @ about 5000 RPM and slipped the clutch through 1st.

chevy94c said:
Mike we need to go up on a saturday or track rental. I am getting the 3.73's in the end of the month. So I will be heading up there soon.

yeah mike don't bother with a street night, unless you get there at 4:30 tech early and get in 2-3 runs before the ricers get there. it's AWFULL I went sideways on a 1-2 upshift because of water or somthing on the track.. all I know is some s4 was in front of me and drove right thru the water and then all of a sudden I almost crash

I complained about the audi club guys to the track officals, they were driving thru the water, not cleaning there tires off so they were taking gravel onto the track. :( not only that but I had to tell one of them to MOVE IT at one point, our lane went but he wanted to run the audi in the lane next to him so he did not move :mad:

plus the typical ricers and slow pickup trucks draging water and ruining the track :notnice:

Mike I need to install my new control arms and go on a saturday so I can post my 13.6's it's not going to happen on a street night unless I get the first run in the right lane.

dan_soprano said:
was it @ NED Mike? What tires are you running? I was cutting 1.78 - 1.80 60' times the one friday night I made it down there last year before going on deployment. This was on 315/35/17 Nitto DR's @ about 17-18 psi. No wheel hop and long as I launched @ about 5000 RPM and slipped the clutch through 1st.

I am on kuhmo 712 street tires at 27 psi, with all 4 control arm bolts seized to the metal bushing inserts.. so I think my suspension is binding BADLY.

I will install my new control arms this week and hopefully get back up there soon.

So what if your corected times are worse than your actual? :)

Run Info
60':.................2.035

1/8 mile:[email protected] MPH

1/4 mile:[email protected] MPH

Corrected for Sea Level
1/8 mile:[email protected]

1/4 mile:[email protected]

01Steeda said:
I have no clue how to calculate corrected time.. can u point me to a webstie to read that and maybe one of the weather sites you spoke of?
I thought you knew about the Depots MYET's section. I would have pointed it out a long time ago. I have about 30 entries for the past year now.

COramprat said:
So what if your corected times are worse than your actual? :)

Run Info
60':.................2.035

1/8 mile:[email protected] MPH

1/4 mile:[email protected] MPH

Corrected for Sea Level
1/8 mile:[email protected]

1/4 mile:[email protected]

I thought you knew about the Depots MYET's section. I would have pointed it out a long time ago. I have about 30 entries for the past year now.

then you were running in great air.. you had a negitive DA number

chevy94c said:
Yes ricers are awful. They should have 1 or 2 days a week for them and the other slow cars.:D Like pick up with 40 inch mudders? Or get rid of the water box.

LOL yeah I wish, nothing worse then watching a lifted pickup do a one leg burnout in the water with tires full of dirt.