why me?

iLkYsPoNy

if she's a tranny then... well I'd do her.... it..
Why me? If it isn't my 1992 GT it's my 93 2.3L ( non turbo )! Well, there is a check engine light , i will start with that. I haven't had the oppurtunity to get that checked out but here's my situation. On occasion ( more often then not ) the check engine light will come on and there is be a HORRIBLE studder, no acceleration, etc. Well, when the light decides to go out, all my 88 horses are back in the corral and it's ready to go. The light doesn't flash not does it come on everytime with out fail. BUT, it does come on a lot and I can't seem to put my finger on it.:shrug: Any suggestions ( besides paying for some garage to diagnose the light ) ?

thanks.

by the way... it has about 120k, fresh plugs and a recent fuel induction service ( canister spray into the throttle body, which i picked up an additional 80 miles to the tank after that :hail2: )

• Sponsors (?)

all my 88 horses are back in the corral

yea, its 105. respect the dual plug motor!

and make autozone test your ignition control module too, thats free as well. ( i work there, lots of things are free, like battery installs and such, but they do accepts tips ya know >< )

well autozone cannot do it because the vehicle is so old. i used a "generic scan tool" and i don't have the patience to count clicks and beeps and flashes :bang: . i was told that it may be a tps... where is that located? maybe i can just swap it out and see what happens. or can it be cleaned?

this forum has been extremely helpful... thanks to everybody :SNSign:

Personally, I think counting flashes is alot cheaper than throwing parts at it and crossing my fingers. Money is always a great motivator when patience is lost. But I've always been a cheap bastard. :D

Think of it this way, you're only a few flashes away from finding out the real problem.

Either way, the TPS is located on the side of the throttle body directly opposite of the throttle linkage. If you have a volt meter, you can test it before you go to all the trouble of replacing it.

well how about that. i work at a chrysler dealer and we do business with autozone for our aftermarket parts ( cheap! ). i called and talked to the manager and asked about the scanner and i'll be damned if he didn't say they can do it. i told him what you said, i told him they were being lazy:nono: and said they couldnt do it. he said he'd personally do it... thats how you get things done :nice:

iLkYsPoNy said:
a recent fuel induction service ( canister spray into the throttle body, which i picked up an additional 80 miles to the tank after that :hail2: )

Di dyoou do the "fuel induction service" yourself, and if so with a can of what? I could use an additional 80 miles per tank, im only getting ~250 :notnice: . If ive done something stupid like sdded too much timing, wouldnt that also kill my mpg? Or maybe its how i drive? :D