WHY?

OrangeMustangGt

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2002
Cape Cod, MA
I have some stupid questions that need to be answered. Why does are cars have a Theft light in the dash, and no System? How come the fox cars had a low fuel light, and we dont? Why did they put the newer style computer jack under the steering wheel in the 94-95 cars, and not even hook it to anything?
How come my car has Every option but no rear window defrost(it has a hole where the switch would have been)?

• Sponsors (?)

I dont have a theft light. Are you talking about a LED or something that blinks in the cluster? Also, maybe different options come from different parts of the country. Maybe your car was a texas car where there is no frost. :shrug:

An alarm was an option, and is wired up also (at least mine is). It usually connects up behind the rear trunk liner on the drivers side. You should have 2 connectors that don't plug into anything hanging there. That's where the theft light gets it's power from.

My 94 GT (and the other that I had) both had rear defrost.

Dave is right about the OBDII connector.

Rick

i have an alarm system and rear defrost on my 95 GT but i agree that it's probably according to where you live in the country. i always thought that my alarm was standard since it's a convertible it's convenient because if anyone opens it from the outside it goes off. it is weird that you would have the light and no system though...go figure?

I thought there was only 2 option codes or groups you could choose from...one group contained the rear window defrost...wasnt one like option 243a or something and there was another??
Mines loaded and the only options missing are RWD and theft...pretty sure it depends on the option group ordered...
tilt/cruise/ac/power seats and windows were pretty much a standard option group..