whys my car so slow?

sorry i havent replied ive been outa town. To clear things up i did have the performer rpm on the car when i ran. Also the heads were slightly milled to be sure they were flat. Compression is great and leakdown is low so its not the bottom end. The bumps in the exhaust ports were taken out and the ports were smoothed. any other questions?

• Sponsors (?)

ya something is definitly wrong my 93 cobra had a stock 90 GT motor in it cause i blew up the cobra motor(so basically a GT but heavier cause of misc cobra suspension and brakes). Bone stock with all GT electronics and just catback i went 14.094 at 100.16mph and a 2.34 60ft. perhaps if you can show us your time slip step by step like by the ft marks 300-1/8mi-1000ft etc we can see where you're running out of steam and try to help you.

the D0OE's carry a 60 cc combustion chamber...so they actually shouldn't hurt your compression any-i'm with jb89 bump your timing to 14*...play with the fuel pressure up and down, see what works best for you. my friends lx vert worked really well with 14* advance and about 45-50psi pressure...no detonation-even with the stock pump.

However, change that thing at your EARLIEST convenience with at least a 155-190lph...you do need to upgrade your fuel system more thoroughly...24's should do you well