Will I ever get to drive my car?

Telewanger

Apr 4, 2009
Now I need a smog pump on the 1994 Mustang GT to pass inspections. This is really starting to suck. I had to buy cats this week because it didn't have any. I have owned the car for well over a year and still can't drive the damn thing! When will it end? Am I going to have to turn this thing back to complete stock, or what?

The inspectors all say that the smog pump has to be hooked up and working. I called 4 different inspection stations. I will have to buy all of that crap, because I bought the car with none of it on the car. Serious Bummer! Just when I think the car is ready for the road, there are more and more setbacks. 1995 and below cars don't even get an emissions check here, but the parts must be on the car. I can't find a crooked inspector to save my life. I guess the fines are just too high now.

• Sponsors (?)

I know how you feel, Ive had my car since Jan 09 and put about 300 miles on it, always something wrong, always spending $ on it yet dont get to drive, I'm kinda scared to drive it always feeling it might break down, and I've got thousands of dollars in this thing.

Oh my, that sucks...

If it doesn't need to work, you are gonna want to get it at the junkyard IMHO. The pump is over $100 itself at the parts store. You can also pick up the injector tubing at the parts store along with the check valve for the pipe to the exhaust.

I did not find the AIRB or AIRD valves anywhere, but that may be a result of faulty search techniques on my part.

Good luck.

welcome to my world... I was in the same situation as you. My car didn't have any of the emissions stuff on it but mine was my own fault, I was young and stupid. I tossed everything thinking I would never need it. I had to buy cats(got an awesome deal on the corral classifieds for my magnaflow x-pipe) and the whole egr/smog system(pieced it together from craigslist and the corral). Do you know if you still have all the smog equipment in the fender? Hopefully the person didn't take all of that out as well. Good luck

In the fender??? Oh ****!

Thanks for your feedback!

If I get a pump from the junk yard. I will also get the hoses, AIRB, and AIRD valves. I saw photos of them online. I will need to figure out how all of this stuff hooks together. Does anything hook up the the exhaust or midpipe? I wish that I could find a really nice photo or diagram of a 1994 or 95. I will take my camera out to the junk yard and take some photos before I tear it apart. I have a Haynes manual, but it only shows a photo of the pump. It does not show you how it all connects together. Does anyone have instructions or photos of how to hook it up?

I'll check around and see what I have and I'll get back to you. I should still have all major components like the solenoids under the fender, and the smog pump. I probably won't have the AIR or vacuum lines, however.

I also do still have all the smog stuff i have taken out of my car, If you need some parts let me know, i will see what i can find, i am 99% sure i got all of it including the pipe that goes to the H pipe as well

God luck :)

The junk yard did not have the parts I need. The car was a 3.8 and they told me it was a GT. Also the entire front of the engine was crushed. I can order the parts, but I will be taking them back off of the car when it passes inspection. The smog pump needs to spin, so if it is locked up it won't do me any good.

If you have a near complete smog kit that you removed from your car, would you be willing to take a few photos and send them to me, so I can make sure that is is what I need. I am interested in buying the parts that I need. Please let me know how much you want the parts and we can figure out the shipping.

My email is: [email protected]

Thanks,

Mike Lynch

It looks like the missing parts that I need are:

Air Pump and Pulley ( Smog Pump)
AIRD Valve
AIRB Valve
Hose to mid pipe
Misc - Hoses

I understand if you don't have the old hoses. They are probably hard as a brick anyway.

Here is a video of the car running without cats or any smog crap on it. I have worked my ass off on it, but I just have to put those parts back on it to pass inspection here. The inspectors are getting really strict now, due to the Federal fines they will pay if they get busted.

Please email me some photos if you have these parts:

YouTube - Mike Lynch - 1994 Mustang GT

[email protected]

I got the pump and the lines that goes in the back of the heads, the rubber hose from pump to rear metal line and the little valve thing in the middle of the pipe(located right next to the pass side headers), I think i got the whole thing including the lines,

I gotta box it up and see how much it weighs, Give me your zip code so i can get the quote,

Let me know if you want

I got the pump and the lines that goes in the back of the heads, the rubber hose from pump to rear metal line and the little valve thing in the middle of the pipe(located right next to the pass side headers), I think i got the whole thing including the lines,

I gotta box it up and see how much it weighs, Give me your zip code so i can get the quote,

Let me know if you want

I sent you a PM and an email. My zipcode is 28470

I think I have everything except for the tube going to the cats. I believe I still have the tube that crosses over between the backside of the heads and everything If you don't get all of it for some reason let me know and I'll help out too. It sounds like you have already found everything you need though.