Will I hit 300WHP? What's the bottleneck?

TwinTurboRT

Founding Member
Dec 3, 1999
Tryon, OK
hey guys, been a while since I posted, and although I'm trying to sell this coupe, I keep putting more into it.

I'm looking for 275-300WHP, and I'm curious as to what the bottleneck might be to prevent that - mods

11:1 KB pistons
TFS Stage I cam
GT40 Iron heads p/p 3 angle valve job slight milled
crane pushrods
p/p upper/lower, bored to 65mm
ppi 65mm egr/tb
70mm Cobra MAF
24.lb/hr
X3Z EEC
Kirban reg with guage on rail
Underdrives
SN95 hotwired pump
BBK shorites
2.5" offy H
2.5" dumped muffs
A/C Smog Delete/Accel cap/rotor/msd coil/FMS 9mm wires/130amp alt/180 hi-flo therm/elec fans on 3 core alum radiator/CFDF/etc...

basically everything is new (well 15,000 miles on block, crank, rods, rings, pistons) and I've got stock rockers with everything else massaged or aftermarket. Where would my bottleneck be if I don't hit 300WHP?
TB and Intake? Rockers allowing too much play? Where?

• Sponsors (?)

I'd say the intake since it's a stock ported unit. 270 might be doable, but 300 is gonna be hard and remain streetable. Cam probably is not the best choice either.

What's yur current power level with those mods?

I dunno what the power level is yet- I haven't ran it in a long time down the track :)

This intake has D-shaped ports, I believe you've seen pics of it on here not too long ago. What intake would the master suggest? I've contemplated many, but I figured if you'll give the advice I'll listen :)

The heads aren't the best true- however with the increased compression because of the pistons, the larger chambers are negated, also the dual nature of the cam should help the exhaust side...

It might not be the best cam, but plenty of guys have done well on the E-Cam and the TFS is quite similar...

i would def get a different intake go with thr trickflow....i would also have some 1.7 roller rockers in there and long tube headers would do the trick...and if u have the extra cash a 70 or 75mm throttle body wouldnt hurt

not too far off stock GT40's, I didn't have a ton done, just a little something :)

And the only issue with 1.7's is that with the .200 dome pistons, I'm likely to run into some clearance issues.

The upped compression should give me a few HP over the normal 5.0.