will running 18x9's in front and 20x10's in the rear affect my car?

• Sponsors (?)

those 20's are probably going to be 32lbs + each and you will have a ROUGH ride... like really bad... plus if you hit a rock youll bend a rim... it MIGHT look good but its going to ride and perform like ass.. and w/ wheels that big youll pretty much HAVE to upgrade yourbrakes in order to help slow all that metal down...

Yeah, when you put huge wheels on, it sort of changes the gearing. Not in the literal sense, but say you go from the stock 17's down to 15's. The car is going to drive like you have different gears because the amount that needs to be rotated is less. Same when you increase wheels.. it'll be like driving one of those old honda civics where you could go like 90mph in first before having to shift. :lol:

*begin rant*

Anyway.. yeah, the big wheels on back small on front are sort of old school. Just don't be one of the people who gets it all wrong and raises the rear end. Talk about missing the point. It's LOWER the front end to simulate a huge motor, not RAISE the back end!
Damn neo-musclecarists!

*end rant*

sidewall will still be 35 mm most likely which is about what ull have on ur 18's so bending the rim and traction is about the same odds, but ull need a new rear brake set up so you can actually stop 60lbs of rotating mass per side. Not really worth it IMHO plus ur "gearing" will go way down.

I run the set up that is in question. I havent had ANY of the problems that have previously been stated. And the weight of the rear wheels is actually lighter than the 18x10.5 FR500s that were previously on the car. So........yea.

I will be going with 20s and 22s on my 05' car.

104616.jpg

344639_308_full.jpg

I run the set up that is in question. I havent had ANY of the problems that have previously been stated. And the weight of the rear wheels is actually lighter than the 18x10.5 FR500s that were previously on the car. So........yea.

You haven't experienced that your car is slower? Aside from weight, rotational mass will slow the car. When I put 18's I could feel a difference between 17" and 18" wheels.

I don't really care for the look of the 20's on back and 18's on front. They look circus like.

You haven't experienced that your car is slower? Aside from weight, rotational mass will slow the car.

I havent ever noticed any kind of a difference. Although, I have only driven it a handful of times in the last couple of years. But its still a 500hp car, so the rotating mass hasnt been too much of an issue. If anything traction issues have almost improved, from what they were with the 18's.