Will this shorter belt routing work? (pic inside)

I am looking to bypass my smog and A/C pulleys with a shorter belt. If I route the belt the way that I have it in the picture, will I have enough contact with the crank pulley? It is only going to be driving the alternator, and the power steering pump. I have an electric water pump, so I don't need to drive that. Plus in the pic I have the tensioner pulley rotated a little so that it have more tension on the belt. I didn't drill a new hole for the tensioner yet, so is why it is sticking out a little bit.

If that is not going to be enough contact, do you have a suggestion on how I could route it?

Thanks,

Here is the belt routing pic
BeltRoute.jpg

Here is my bran spankin new electric water pump that I had to wait over a month for since it was on backorder
WP.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

If you take the tensioner off and look at the back of it, there is a peg that sticks about 1/2" out of the back. That peg goes into a hole on the bracket so that once the tensioner is tightened down, the whole assembly is locked into place. I am planning on rotating the tensioner assembly counter clockwise, and drill a new hole for that peg to fall into.
I am planning on doing it tonight, so I'll take some pictures.

If you take the tensioner off and look at the back of it, there is a peg that sticks about 1/2" out of the back. That peg goes into a hole on the bracket so that once the tensioner is tightened down, the whole assembly is locked into place. I am planning on rotating the tensioner assembly counter clockwise, and drill a new hole for that peg to fall into.
I am planning on doing it tonight, so I'll take some pictures.

That makes a lot more sense now. Pics would definitely be a plus:nice:

the only reason he needs to do it that way is cause of the waterpump.
you can remove the a/c and smog..and run a shorter belt with the stock w/p..
i have for the last 2 yrs on the same belt with not 1 squeek yet.

Well after multiple trips to the parts store, I decided I am not that good at measureing for belt length. I ended up getting a KO60653 belt to work. (65.3") I had to use a screwdriver for a little leverage to get the belt on.

I drilled a new hole for the tensioner and got that rotated, but when I did that it made the belt too tight. So I am just going to use the original location for the tensioner. That makes it plenty tight. If the belt stretches a little bit, I can always rotate the tensioner then.

I have pictures of what I tried to accomplish with the tensioner that I can post up after I get out of work.

im curious about the electric waterpump what does that harness plug into and do they work well for heavy daily driving i keep getting junk w.p. and i hate replacing them maybe i will give a ecectric one a try

Here is the peg on the back of the tensioner. It is about 1/2" in diameter
Tensioner.jpg

Here is the new hole that I drilled for the tensioner. It would have worked out pretty good, but it put a little too much tension on the belt, so I am just going to use the original hole. I can always rotate it if the belt stretches a bit.
Newhole.jpg

And here is the final result.
Final.jpg

trav_19
im curious about the electric waterpump what does that harness plug into and do they work well for heavy daily driving i keep getting junk w.p. and i hate replacing them maybe i will give a ecectric one a try

The water pump only needs 12V and ground. I ordered the relay kit with it also, so I wired the coil of the relay into a key on power source, and I connected one side of the output to the fuse box under the hood, and the other side to the water pump.
I just have to finish putting in my coil over setup, do a few other little things, and then I should be able to take it out, and see how everything works. The weather is finally nice here, so I am pretty antsy to get it out.