Winter Storage

ponyboy66

May 11, 2004
Michigan
Ok, I know that we are in the middle of summer and the ponies aren't out yet, but reading through some these posts sparked some ?'s in my little brain.
This will be my first new vehicle in over 10 years and it will get stored. I live in Michigan where there is more salt on the road than there is air to breathe. Question is this: How do I go about putting the pony in the stable for the winter. With my 66, I fill and Stabil the tank, fog the motor, put her up on blocks, pull the wire wheel covers for winter detailing, yank the battery, cover her gently and tell a nice story about spring time. One other issue I may have to address in another thread is the jealousy factor. Do you guys have any plans on how you’re going to tell your current ponies about the new addition?

• Sponsors (?)

Hey pony

ponyboy66 said:
Ok, I know that we are in the middle of summer and the ponies aren't out yet, but reading through some these posts sparked some ?'s in my little brain.
This will be my first new vehicle in over 10 years and it will get stored. I live in Michigan where there is more salt on the road than there is air to breathe. Question is this: How do I go about putting the pony in the stable for the winter. With my 66, I fill and Stabil the tank, fog the motor, put her up on blocks, pull the wire wheel covers for winter detailing, yank the battery, cover her gently and tell a nice story about spring time. One other issue I may have to address in another thread is the jealousy factor. Do you guys have any plans on how you’re going to tell your current ponies about the new addition?
The thing I do has worked for me. If your never gonna take it out in the winter is suggest putting it up on blocks to prevent flat spots on tires. Half tank gas with a can of dry gas just to make sure.I do disconnect the battery + cable. I will go out and run the car for ten minutes or so every 2-3 weeks. Oh yeah I haven't told my mustang I'm selling her. I'm just gonna dump her!!!Never talk to her again!! bitch!