Working On A 3.8

junkyardjeff

Aug 17, 2016
Working on a friends 84 small LTD wagon that is basicly a Fairmont with different front sheet metal,cats plugged so had to remove the Y pipe and what a pain to get to one bolt on the pass side. He has a V8 Fairmont which seems to be much easier to work on and this one is going to get a V8 in the future,those 3.8s seem to be a little wider then the 5.0 and not really wanting to work on this car.

• Sponsors (?)

I got myself into this one and have to finish it but no more,the V8s and straight sixes are so much easier to work on. I am used to working on galaxies and mid 50s Fords which have much more room.

I got myself into this one and have to finish it but no more,the V8s and straight sixes are so much easier to work on. I am used to working on galaxies and mid 50s Fords which have much more room.

See what happens when you try to be nice. Sometimes I just tell people no because I know that it is too much trouble.

Stop, you're making me feel so excited about my blue car. Maybe I'll just rip out the stupid little Essex and drop my already built 5.0 in there

Reactions: 1 user
Took it for a test run and seems to be fine,thought it was electrical or fuel issues but the cats were plugged and suprised it did not damage the heads,I thought all the oil on the motor would have caught fire it was smoking so much but its still running on all six cylinders so I must not have run it long enough to do any damage.

Reactions: 1 users