Worried about my '06

pony_grl

Sep 27, 2005
Sewell, NJ
I posted last week about having a problem with the battery. I have made an appoimtment but in the meantime I started it up again after sitting for a few days and it stalled on the first try. The car has about 60 miles on it. I don't know if this could be from a bad battery or not. Any thoughts before Itake it in?

• Sponsors (?)

Oh, my battery went stone dead on me the other day, after i stopped to get gas, wouldnt even light up the display panel all the way, and to think it had started up fine 10min ago to get me to the gas station. One jump and i was going, drove to ford and had em replace it. The tow truck guy said ford had been having a bad rash of batteries.

But if your car stalled while running, I would check into the alternator.

Hi Folks! I'm new to the forum, but I thought I would mention that my V6 "vert's" battery also goes dead when parked for a week without driving it. Since it's the dead of winter here the stangs in storage. I have to put it on a trickle charger every other week to keep it topped of. It seems that a brand new car with new battery should hold a charge. I've never had a problem parking my other cars.

i just pulled my GT out of the garage for the first time in over a month. i had no problems what-so-ever. it is finally warmer and there is no snow to melt, making the streets crapola . i did not do anything to it when it was in the garage. i just pulled it in and locked the doors and then closed the garage door.........i guess i did have a problem. when i pulled it out of the garage, i noticed it had less than 1/4 tank of gas :bang:

Me Too...

First off- Merry Christmas!! I bought myself an 06 6 cyl. about a week ago and noticed when I first turned it over in the morning it acted like it didn't want to start. It did but I would not expect to get a hard start from a new battery either. I am impressed with the power from this 6 cyl. though.:)

Ouicksilver06