Worst injury while working on your car?

I had a 1/2 inch rachet fall off the fender and hit me in the nuts. This pain was worse then when i broke my arm and the bones popped out of the skin. I didnt go to the doctor because he cant fix a broken ego, thank god no one saw it though...

• Sponsors (?)

When I was 16 I was cutting the new carpet around the seat belt with a leatherman, I was using my left hand but I am right handed. My brother was bringing me the seats, as he was trying to put it down beside the car it slipped and I got the seat bracket in the small of the back. The sudden pain caused me to jerk the knife which cut through the carpet and the blade went into my right hand, cut through my glove and ended up going all the way through my right index finger. It bled non stop, never got stitches but I got a cool scar.

Drew

It's the year 1999 and a late October hurricane is headed for Orlando. I am in the middle of an engine swap that must be finished because it is my daily driver. I am under the car, banging away at the motor mount bolts with an impact wrench when one of the big nuts for the motor mount flys out of the socket and hits me in the right eye. The eye swells up and it takes 3 days for me to be able to stand up quickly without getting dizzy. I finished the engine swap on time, but it took much longer to do. Every time I stood up after crawling under the car, it took 5 minutes for my head to quit wobbling around like a bobble head doll.

lets see... when me and my buddy were putting my tranny back in my car my buddy was messing around and found a little piece of plastic and decided to throw it at me... well i tried to dodge it and hit my head the floor board, then as soon i did that i went back down, only to nail my head on the exhaust that was just dangling there (true duals, no h pipe or anything and i didnt have the sawzall to cut it off at the time...) then about 20 minutes later we are trying to get the tranny lined up and get the input shaft in the clutch well we were moving it around to get it situated and it slipped off the jack and the tailshaft housing right where the shifter goes fell right on my head... i just layed there for about 10 minutes untill my head quit spinning.

then one day at work i was putting the donut gaskets for the y pipe in on a chevy 2500 we just rebuilt the motor in... well the manifold nuts were being a bitch and i just had the gasket sitting up on the flange for the y pipe and i moved it a little trying to get the nuts on... fell about 3 feet right above my eye... left a huge knot on my eyebrow for about a week and a half.

ive had my fair share of busted knuckles and cuts as well.. my hands hurt all the time because they are always so tore up.

one injury that i didnt get while working on a car was when we were building a barn at work and we were putting on the metal siding... well me and my boss were on one side holding it up and my buddy dave was on the other side with the drill and self tapping screws... he didnt go up far enough and drilled the self tapping screw right into my joint on my middle finger. he had to back the screw off just to get it out of my finger... saw white for about 10 seconds then the blood just started pouring. still cant bend my middle finger all the way.

yeah i was pulling my electric fan off my radiator, and i did not kill the battery so the fan came on and ate my finger right up i had to go to the hostipal get a pin to my nuckle and 11 stiched to the tip of my finger it looked like someone beat my finger with a hammer it was cool!