Worst mistake ever in my life!!!!!

Mr. Rustypwnz

Advanced Member
Jun 1, 2005
indianapolis/ valdosta ga
Ite, im searchin ebay for some heads, run across some 86 gt heads, well I have a 86 gt, and all the rednecks rave how good they are around my part of the country which is close to where they filmed "deliverance" or sumpthin liek that LOL, anyways I buy these heads and find out I will be makin 35hp less than e7's!!!!! Im kind of stuck now, I dont even know if they will handle the bcam with factory rockers, and I heard they quit pullin at 4.5k which is really gonna pizz me off. SOOOO, what do I do? Im purdy good at porting but its like a lost cause, should I trade my buddy these boat anchors for some 351w e7's?

any valuable input in this subjecto would be appreciated!!!

josh :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

It is not that much of a difference stock for stock as the highest is 225 and the 86 is 200? at least with more torque than the 215hp 270tq 85gt. They are not ideal I will give you that. Stock e7 can be had cheap(maybe not in your parts). I cannot say if porting is worth it or not but if you got tha tools and time it must help I can only assume. So 25 is less than 35 anyway. Do the best you can with what you got.....or don't.

Those heads are good for the one thing you have already stated BOAT ANCHOR. I say that because I have not heard anyone upgrading to 86 heads. The 351 heads would be an improvement and if its an even trade its worth every penny. They can be ported and will run well. I dont know the specific details but better than what you bought.

Those heads are good for the one thing you have already stated BOAT ANCHOR. I say that because I have not heard anyone upgrading to 86 heads. The 351 heads would be an improvement and if its an even trade its worth every penny. They can be ported and will run well. I dont know the specific details but better than what you bought.

Hey if i get the exploder motor, I'll let you have the gt40p heads for cheap, say 100 bucks? I'll call the guy tomorrow and beg him to part out the motor.

I dunno if those are the same E6 heads that they have in the other Ford lo-po 5.0's, but you might be able to find someone willing to buy them off of you if they're looking to upgrade an 80's T-Bird/Cougar, or a Crown Vic, Grand Marquis, or Town Car...?