X-pipe install -newbie question-

I have a question plz. I have the Magnaflow Magnapac Cat-back as of now, rest of exhaust is stock. I just ordered a BBK 2.5" O/R X-Pipe, i'm wondering, the shop says it's a quick, easy install, however, this install doesnt affect the Oxygen sensors does it? I'm still new to the newer stangs, used to the 5.0's.

I dunno where the sensors are on my 99 GT LE, will this install even bother with them at all, and, am I going to have a check engine light becaue of not having cats on?

The car will be off the road for a while, so, I'm not worried bout it being illegal, I just would like some input, thanks to anyone for a heads up. The pipe should come in tomorow, and get installed within a few days, other than those questions, how much of a difference in sound will I experience? I'm hoping it to be alot louder...

Forgive how newbish this may seem, it's just that, I have never used an offroad pipe before...not even on my previous 5.0's. Thanks alot guys, in advance.

Post up tech guys, thanks. No worry, I did search a bit, but didnt find anything to directly answer my questions.

:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

So everyone with a newer mustang with an off road pipe has had to use these, or something similar? Also, are they just a simple install too? Ima call the shop tomorow and tell them about this, because I cannot stand a check engine light being on.

Also, there's no easier way to get around the annoying light?

Can someone explain why the check engine light 'will' come on, and if it's simply because there's no cats, how do these mil eliminators work....

Also, if I get a catted pipe, a legal one, I wont have a problem with the check engine light correct?

Thanks for any input guys.

The pipe will probably be going on by wednsday, so I really need some good straight up advice. If anyone could break it down for me a little bit....

The shop installing is an import shop, all VW. But I know them all, they're cool, plus they do great work, and honor their labor, etc etc.

To narrow it down....here...simply;

If i'm to use an offroad catless pipe, I absolutly must use mil elimonators to avoid the check engine light? Also how big are those things in that link, I cant tell, are they like a pipe, or something smaller...like the size of a finger?

Is there any other way to avoid this?

And if I just..changed my mind and got a good performance high flow catted pipe, would I still have trouble with the check engine light coming on?

What is it exactly that triggers the light; the cats physically not being there, or the exhaust itself (not the phyisical exhaust piping, the gas' ya know)