X-Plan Assistance

00grnsixer

Founding Member
Sep 7, 2000
Kansas City, MO, USA
The dealers in my area are all saying that they will NOT honor the X-Plan pricing on new 2005 Mustangs that are already on the lot and the ONLY way to get one right now with the X-Plan pricing is to order one. Can anyone shed some light on the validity of this? Also, isn't there some kind of internal Ford "rule" about this dealer markup nonsense? We have one local dealer that is not marking up, but they are also not accepting X-Plan without an order. I'm really looking forward to obtaining my new 2005 quicker than that. I'd be tempted to tell some of the other local dealerships that I'd be happy to report them to Ford if they want to keep screwing around. ;-)

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry to break the bad news to you, but they can do anything they want with the cars they are selling, they're theirs. They can burn them if they want to. They do not have to honor any plans on any cars even one you order, and a lot of dealers are not doing so nor are they going to for a while because the cars are hot right now and they can get more from someone else (the greedy SOBs), the only way to keep them from marking them up would be for people to stop paying the markup and wait for them to bring down the prices. So I suggest to you to either search around to find someone that is willing to give you a good deal on one (as some are doing to capitalize on selling more cars quickly instead of being greedy for the one sell that will pocket them an extra $3000) or order one from someone that is willing to sell the order at a plan price, just make sure when you make the deal, get it in writing as there are several dealerships out there that are backing out of their agreements once the car actually gets there to try to make you pay top dollar. Good luck.

I have been dealing with the same problem. Just call around to the bigger dealers in your area and mention the X-plan to them immediantly. You will probably have to order to use X-plan they can get top dollar for the ones on the lot and will not give any deals on those!

00grnsixer said:
The dealers in my area are all saying that they will NOT honor the X-Plan pricing on new 2005 Mustangs that are already on the lot and the ONLY way to get one right now with the X-Plan pricing is to order one. Can anyone shed some light on the validity of this? Also, isn't there some kind of internal Ford "rule" about this dealer markup nonsense?

Any dealer's participation in the discount plans is purely optional for them.

I hate to break it to you, but price negations can go in either direction. While you might want to try to get the price down, the dealer has every right to get the price up with a market markup. They have the only 2005 Mustang sitting on their lot, and a dozen people want to buy it, they can certainly sell it to the person who is willing to pay the most for it.

The only "rule", is that if a dealer participates in a discount plan (A, D, X, or Z), they have to sell at that plan's set price.