X-plan pin?

• Sponsors (?)

The PIN is tied to a specific person and company, so that would have to be you. And even if you get a PIN you still need to show proof of employment at the company through a company ID or W-2. Though I suppose those can still be faked.

Octane said:
It was my understanding (and I could very well be wrong) that eligible employees are able to obtain an X Plan pin for other people (w/ ceratin restrictions).

That is my understanding also! The Friends and Neighbors X-Plan could be offered by Ford Empoyees or "sponsors" to normal Joe Blow's as long as they meet certain criteria such as NOT working for a dealership. I think there are actually 2 types of X-Plans. The X-Plan Pin under F& N program is tied to only the person that it is issued to by the Ford Employee.

The Pin has the following tied to it:
correct spelling of your name, the last four digits of your Social Security Number, address,telephone number, and email id (if available).

They are generally good for a year after date of issue, but sponsors like for them to be used up quickly!

Any dealers or plan members want to help out on this matter???

tdaily2 said:
yes ford emp can give out pins we are only given so many a year. and yes they are tied to the person ssn# name and the add.

I shot you over an email... you wouldn't happen to have any pins available to you, would you? :D

tdaily2 said:
yes ford emp can give out pins we are only given so many a year. and yes they are tied to the person ssn# name and the add.

"This week, more than 200,000 Ford Motor Co. employees and retirees will receive notice in the mail that they can share special discounts [ed: A-plan] with six people, up from the current four. Workers who are especially successful convincing friends and family to buy Fords [ed: a total of 8 between A-plan and X-plan] will get a bonus: a die-cast model of the company’s new GT sports car autographed by Chairman and CEO Bill Ford Jr."

For just one of many sources of this story, check out theDetroit News.

BTW, officially, the "plans" expire on Jan 3, 2005 (today!), though I am sure that Ford will just about automatically re-authorized it.