X plan question

sportsroof69

Founding Member
May 21, 2002
Huntsville, AL
Searched but didn't find an answer. I've already ordered an '06 but it hasn't come in yet. The only thing I've signed is the receipt for the $500 deposit. A friend may be able to get me a pin for the X-plan. Can I use it when the car does come in even though I didn't order the car on the plan? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

You are supposed to at least disclose upfront that you intend to buy on X-plan. However, I'm sure it's very common that dealers aren't notified till the cars are delivered. I just think it's common courtesy IMO, and being upfront with the salesman will help the deal be smoother for both of you.

as svtfreak said, the car has to be ordered on x plan, i just ordered mine on x in december. the reason i believe is b/c it will say its x plan on the sticker and since your basically buying the car at invoice the dealer has to make somethign on the car so ford sells it to them at a discounted price or somethign like that so the dealer isnt hurt by the deal. basically x plan is invoice price, which is what the car costs the dealer.

The xplan is 5% over invoice plus $150. And yes you need to tell them before hand plus you'll need a check stub to verify that you are elgible for the price. I don't think friends are eligible only immediate family.

nycstang37 said:
as svtfreak said, the car has to be ordered on x plan, i just ordered mine on x in december. the reason i believe is b/c it will say its x plan on the sticker and since your basically buying the car at invoice the dealer has to make somethign on the car so ford sells it to them at a discounted price or somethign like that so the dealer isnt hurt by the deal. basically x plan is invoice price, which is what the car costs the dealer.
im goin the the dealer tonight with my bro to order a 06 gt automatic. xplan iis that invoice and are they selling it at invoice?

Pro Mod is correct. X plan rules say that you must identify yourself as an X plan customer when you first make contact with the dealer.

Since you have already placed your order and have not told the dealer you are a A-Z plan customer the dealer has the right to refuse X plan on your sale.

X plan is not limited to cars that are ordered. You can purchase a car in dealer inventory under X, but it is up to the dealer whether they accept X or not.

Not a problem

I wouldn't worry about it. As long as the dealer you are purchasing from is cool they will rewrite the order using your PIN and give you X-plan pricing. If they tell you no way cancel the order get your deposit back and go across the street to the next Ford dealer and give them you X-Plan PIN and reorder the car. It's how I baught my car, I ordered it in mid November without X-Plan than my cousin called me I told him I ordered a stang he called me a idiot for not calling him for the x-plan pin. Needless to say he called me a couple day's later with a PIN I called the dealer and they said don't worry at the closing will rewrite the order and use your x-plan PIN.

We are picking up our 06 GT vert tomorrow. We got x-plan thru our neighbor who's retired from Ford - so x-plan covers friends, too. We told the dealer up front we're x-plan, but I don't know if that made a difference.

turboscrew said:
The xplan is 5% over invoice plus $150. And yes you need to tell them before hand plus you'll need a check stub to verify that you are elgible for the price. I don't think friends are eligible only immediate family.

My xplan was under invoice, not over.

Ordered mine Aplan and told them before. The order sheet stated A plan. The only difference on the sticker was that it had my first intial, last name on it. the price on it was the MSRP. I believe any Ford employee can give you a pin and put on the website that you are a stepbrother/etc?X plan should be under invoice, can't remember how much. If you go to blueovalforums.com, there is a section where you can request an xplan pin from an employee. Good luck.

You should be fine. Ford doesnt have to know at the time of order that it is xplan. the way a dealership gets paid on a/x/z/d is AFTER the transaction. So ford doesnt have to discount a price based on xplan. any and every new vehicle has a vincent claim amount that Ford gives to the dealership if they sell it for a/x/z/d plan.
the reason most dealerships want to know upfront it simply so they can put the deal together ( how much to give you on your trade etc).So when your vehicle arrives all you have to do is to let them know you have an xplan pin.

Xplan is UNDER invoice. and friends are certainly qualified. the xplan IS for friends/neighbours/family. Its A plan that doesnt qualify non-family members.

peace