xcal2 question

• Sponsors (?)

you'd have to call SCT and show them proof of your totaled car and then mail them ur scanner, and THEN i think they can flash ur tuner for you.

Since the tuner was set up for the focus, they need to reflash it for the 02 GT CPU now. Buuuut they dont do that unless you can prove the car was totalled.

Yea I think your SOL man. You need your old focus to put the tuner back to "stock flash" before you can flash your stang. Like stated above, you'll need to prove to them your focus was totaled. Even then, they might not be able to do it for you. this is how they make their money...

the98stang said:
Yea I think your SOL man. You need your old focus to put the tuner back to "stock flash" before you can flash your stang. Like stated above, you'll need to prove to them your focus was totaled. Even then, they might not be able to do it for you. this is how they make their money...

Well thats not how they make their money, but its how they prevent their consumers from pawning off their product

SteedaGTJ22 said:
Well thats not how they make their money, but its how they prevent their consumers from pawning off their product

Of course it's how they make their money. You CAN'T use the tuner for every single make/model produced. If you have a Xcal for a mustang, and you flash the tuner back to stock then sell your stang, you won't be able to use the tuner on a Camaro if that's the next car you buy. If the tuners worked for EVERY single car pcm, they would loose their a$$. Just food for thought...