Yet another cam question.

f6cobra

Feb 24, 2004
Well Im back again for the 4th time this week! :bang: Anyways installing Windsor Jr. Heads soon. They have .560 max lift and 58cc chambers. Im going to put a cam in at the same time and want a cam and lifter set. I ve been told I dont have to change the lifters but I think i will feel better if i do.
I know i have to do the upper and lower intake as well as TB, but Im getting a good deal on the heads so Im going to do them first along with the cam. So keeping in mind that I will eventually do the intakes-Im thinking the gt-40 upper and lower-what cam and lifter set should I get? I want somthing that has a fair idle and good power.
Please help.

1988 GT
5-spd
MAF Conversion
BBK Fenderwell Intake
Off road H-pipe
40 series Flows
160 stat

• Sponsors (?)

talk to ed.................. he can burn what ever you heart desires he burnt me a blower cam that has more lift/duration than a x-cam. it was about 325 though but will get you way more hp than any shelf cam by far and that is just facts.he can even burn you one that sounds real mean as well.

P.s. he set my power band up from 2200 to 5300 so that is pretty decent.

f6cobra said:
Well Im back again for the 4th time this week! :bang: Anyways installing Windsor Jr. Heads soon. They have .560 max lift and 58cc chambers. Im going to put a cam in at the same time and want a cam and lifter set. I ve been told I dont have to change the lifters but I think i will feel better if i do.

Sounds like your best move right now would be to give your 373 gears, wheels and tires to your boss and scrap the car, Pal. :bang:

Guess WHO!

Just a word of advice. Trash the springs that come with the heads! I bought a set of World Windsor Sr.'s a couple of years ago with the .560 lift springs. I ran a rather small cam .483/.497 and it trashed the springs in under 5000 miles. I have since put a bigger cam in the car and the proper double springs and retainers cost me about $150. The stabalizer springs started shattering and cost me a half of a second in the 1/4. It is just a little cheap insurance, the valves and locks are good but the springs suck. By the way, I am not trying to bash World, the heads are awesome and have great potential. You would have the same problem if you bought AFR's. Just my 2 cents.

Very funny MustangGtee

Anyways. I'll take a look into buying some springs. I really rather not pay more than $175.00 for the cam and lifter set, if i can avoid it. Ive been beating all of this to death i know-sorry guys-but Im still 50/50 on this lifter thing. And this guy I know pretty well has a f303 with a not many miles on it for like $100.00 but I feel weird about putting used stuff in. I donno. I was even looking through the Hanyes manual and they said you can reuse them. Got to do some more researching. Please keep the replies coming. I need your help. :doh:

thats the combo of my old car plus full suspension. I had port/polished windsor jr heads with gt 40 upper/lower intake. I also had a cam lift of .530, I forget the duration and exact specs if that helps you. I also had every bolt on possible minus a supercharger :(

I had crane 1.6 roller rockers (gold) with 65 mm throttle body, 75 mm pro-m and 24# injectors just to name a few things....engine combo was pretty good ...just thought it would help you out.

Matt

If in doubt, but the cam & lifter SET. Then you know exactly where you stand. My opinion? Used internal engine parts? No way!... might be half the money.... but can be more than twice the aggrivation! ;-)